–TheWomen for Africa Foundation is calling applications from African Women to use for its 6 month Visiting Science by Women program Fellowship to be taken at different Centers in Spain.
TheWomen for Africa Foundation is a personal entity established in 2012 by previous vice president of the Government of Spain, Mar ía Teresa Fern ández de la Vega, with the objective of adding to the advancement of Africa through its women. Since then, the Foundation has actually introduced a lots tasks in the locations of education, financial advancement, health, and understanding and women empowerment.
In order to be qualified Individual should have strong working understanding of English.
- ApplicationsDeadline: September30, 2018
- CourseLevel: This is a six-month visiting senior research fellowship for 14 knowledgeable African women scientists.
- StudySubject: The chosen locations of research consist of:
- ScholarshipAward: In basic, the period of the research stays will be 6 constant months. Nevertheless, depending upon individual and expert requirements, and with approval of the host proving ground, the scheduled research might be divided in 2 stays within 2 years after the fellowship has actually been granted. Successful prospects will have access to the following advantages:
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host organization
- Living allowance of 2.400Euros gross each month to cover lodging, individual cost and health and occupational mishap insurance protection.
Beneficiaries need to commit themselves totally to research at the appointed research centre and might not be recipients of other fellowship, grant, stipend or routine earnings throughout their research stay. Beneficiaries may be asked to formalise their relationship with the research centre in writing. In compliance with the regional laws, the
Womanfor Africa Foundation or the research centre (as the case might be) will, if so needed in each specific situation by the tax and/or social security routine, keep or keep the mandatory quantities from the living allowances. Women for Africa Foundation, in partnership with the research centre, will assist recipients with the mandatory procedures in order to acquire the visa with Spanish Embassies and Consulates.
TheWomen for Africa Foundation highly dissuades last recipients to bring their households, considering that we can not ensure any monetary, logistic or administrative assistance for households
- Nationality: These fellowships are readily available for African Women.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 14 fellowships are readily available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Scholarship can be taken at the following centers inSpain Each centre will host 1 scientist.
Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (GSE), Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), Vall d ´HebronInstitut de Recerca (VHIR), Institute for Neuroscience (IN), Kronikgune Research Center, Biocruces Bizkaia (BC), DeustoTech, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO), Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII), Donostia International Physics Center, Material Physics Center– Centro de Física de Materiales (MPC-CFM), Repsol, Principe Felipe Research Center (CIPF).
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: These fellowships are readily available for African Women:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, BurkinaFaso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal,Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, SouthAfrica, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia andZimbabwe
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Being a female
- Nationality of an African nation.
- PhD with a minimum of 3 years of post-doctoral expert experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or personal non-profit company based in Africa committed to substantial clinical research in the locations suggested
- Excellent scholastic record and tested track of appropriate research experience
- Solid working understanding of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Beneficiaries of initially, 2nd and 3rd edition are not qualified. Candidates should have currently determined research groups in the host centres to validate that their proposed research can be performed in partnership with those research groups and, when required, in their labs.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Individual need to have strong working understanding of English.
How to Apply: Only applications sent in English by means of the Science by Women micro website at www.mujeresporafrica.es will be accepted. They should consist of the following files:
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully filled kind
- Brief however succinct description of the task to be established in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages)