The University of Copenhagen is providing two fully-funded PhD positions at Information Retrieval Lab of the Department of Computer Science. The scholarship requires a Master’s diploma in pc science or a subject offering equal (see above), at the time of taking on the place.
The Information Retrieval Lab at the University of Copenhagen affords a analysis setting with a lot freedom: to a big extent, you form the analysis you’re employed on and the concepts you pursue.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and analysis establishment in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it’s the second oldest establishment of greater training in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants should have wonderful language expertise in English and have wonderful communications expertise.
Course Level: Positions can be found for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The Information Retrieval Lab has two open PhD positions
- PhD place 1 seeks to research the extent of uncertainty in likelihood estimates of rating fashions.
- PhD place 2 seeks to research compositionality in textual content semantics.
Scholarship Award: Terms of appointment and cost are in accordance with the settlement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State. The beginning wage is at the moment at a minimal DKK 309,109 (April 2016 stage) together with annual complement (+ pension as much as DKK 42,699) + mobility allowance and household allowance (the place relevant) as half of the MSCA programme.
Scholarship might be taken in the Denmark
- Master diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics or associated subject
- Strong programming expertise
- Strong mathematical background
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Additionally, candidates want to face out in at least one of the next key standards of excellence used for the evaluation:
- Grades that doc an impressive tutorial file
- Scientific publication(s) in acknowledged, peer-reviewed venues
- Awards and honours
- Professional and work expertise
Nationality: Danish and Non- Danish candidates are eligible to use for PhD Positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The scholarship requires a Master’s diploma in pc science or a subject offering equal (see above), at the time of taking on the place.
English Language Requirement: Applicants should have wonderful language expertise in English and have wonderful communications expertise.
Computer Science Scholarships
How to Apply: The software should be in English and should be submitted electronically. The software should include the next:
- Letter of motivation (max. two pages) that features a description of how the are met
- Curriculum vitae
- Master thesis as PDF (ultimate or in draft; if draft, then state the anticipated submission date)
- Assessment of grasp thesis (ultimate or provisional if the thesis just isn’t submitted)
- Reference letters from two referees (signed and dated)
- Transcripts of grades, documenting an impressive tutorial file. Unless the candidate’s diploma and transcripts of grades are in Danish or English, the candidate should procure a licensed translation. Furthermore, the candidate should embrace official details about the grading scale.
- PDFs of any scientific publications that you’ve co-authored.
Application Deadline: The deadline for functions is April 30, 2017.