The Department of Economics at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich affords numerous doctoral scholarships and doctoral positions as analysis or instructing assistants. Successful candidates will earn their PhD at the Munich Graduate School of Economics (MGSE).
The intention of the course work at the MGSE is to offer doctoral college students with the analytical instruments vital to hold out unbiased analysis tasks.
The Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich is a public analysis university positioned in Munich, Germany. The University of Munich is amongst Germany’s oldest universities.
All programs, lectures and seminars at the MGSE are held in English. Therefore, candidates should show ample information by together with a TOEFL or IELTS certificates to their software, except they’re a local speaker of English or have accomplished their grasp’s diploma at an English-speaking college or university.
Fluency in the German language shouldn’t be required for admission.
Course Level: Scholarships can be found for pursuing the doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to check the themes provided at the Department of Economics.
Scholarship Award: Generally, PhD college students are paid in line with a 75% place underneath the German TVL-E 13 fee scheme (or a roughly equal scholarship). The actual wage may barely range relying on private circumstances, the affiliated establishment and the instructing load the place may carry (a most of 5 hours per week throughout the semester).
Number of Scholarship: There are numerous doctoral scholarships and doctoral positions obtainable.
Scholarship might be taken in Germany
Eligibility: University expects information in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics at a complicated grasp’s stage. Therefore, the usual entry requirement is a accomplished grasp’s diploma in economics. Exceptions from this rule are doable in particular circumstances. Any lacking graduate-level coaching shall be specified in a person supervision settlement. Candidates ought to be extremely motivated to conduct unbiased analysis.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to use.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: In order to acquire a Doctorate Degree (Dr. oec. public.) from the LMU’s Faculty of Economics, all doctoral candidates must fulfil the next vital minimal situations:
- Doctoral Dissertation: cumulative
- Participation in 11 CES Lecture Series (32 lectures)
- At least one presentation at a analysis seminar from the Department of Economics or at a world convention
- Completion of:
- One Elective
Test Requirement: GRE check
- Every applicant is required to submit a GRE check end result
- In basic, we count on candidates to attain in the quantitative half of the GRE at or above the 80th percentile. In the previous, the standard profitable candidate scored round or above the 90th percentile.
- University requires all candidates to ship their rating report on to the MGSE by way of the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The ETS code quantity of the MGSE is 1883. In distinctive instances, we might settle for a scanned model of your GRE rating report. Screenshots of your GRE outcomes is not going to be accepted.
English Language Requirement: Fluency in the German language shouldn’t be required for admission. All programs, lectures and seminars at the MGSE are held in English. Therefore, candidates should show ample information by together with a TOEFL or IELTS certificates to their software, except:
- They are a local speaker of English, or
- They have accomplished their grasp’s diploma at an English-speaking college or university
How to Apply: The software process takes place by way of an internet software device. Applicants want the next paperwork for his or her software: CV, letter of motivation, certificates of secondary schooling (if obtainable, inspired), bachelor’s diploma, grasp’s diploma (or preliminary transcript of information), proof of English proficiency, GRE outcomes, and two letters of suggestion. All paperwork should both be in English or German.