The UCL Quantum Science & Technology Institute (UCLQ) is pleased to announce Postdoctoral Fellowships in Quantum Technologies. UK/EU candidates are eligible to use for this scholarship program.
These are prestigious fellowships which might be supposed to supply help for excellent candidates who’re starting to develop unbiased analysis careers.
The UCL Quantum Science & Technology Institute (UCLQ), inaugurated in May 2014, serves to coordinate and help analysis throughout the University throughout a spread of departments and disciplines, serving to to develop this fast-advancing subject of analysis.
Course Level: Fellowships can be found to pursue the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Quantum Technologies.
Scholarship Award: Limited related prices (journey, consumables, minor gear) of as much as £5k each year may be included however have to be absolutely justified in the proposal.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship may be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following standards have to be met in order for candidates to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants ought to both be about to submit their PhD or have submitted their PhD not more than 6 months earlier than the deadline;
- Applicants have to be eligible to work in the UK (UK/EU), however needn’t have been funded by EPSRC for his or her PhD;
- The proposed undertaking have to be inside the space of quantum applied sciences, with an emphasis on the engineering of quantum results for purposes;
- The candidate will need to have the help of their host Department (inside UCL), who will nominate an appropriate mentor for the applicant;
- The undertaking mentor should not be the candidate’s main PhD Supervisor (main or secondary);
- The proposed undertaking have to be 2 years in period;
- The candidate will need to have submitted their PhD thesis earlier than the fellowship can start;
- Awards will probably be made at UCL Grade 7, Point 29 (together with London Allowance the place relevant);
- Limited related prices (journey, consumables, minor gear) of as much as £5k each year may be included however have to be absolutely justified in the proposal;
- If unsuccessful, candidates are usually not allowed to reapply for this scheme except they’ve been particularly invited to by the panel.
Nationality: UK/EU candidates are eligible to use for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants ought to both be about to submit their PhD or have submitted their PhD not more than 6 months earlier than the deadline.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language will not be English are often required to supply proof of proficiency in English on the greater stage required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications ought to be submitted by e-mail to Aparajita Mohanty (j.mohanty-at-ucl.ac.uk) by Friday 28 July 2017. Proposals ought to be led and submitted by the fellowship candidate. There is not any utility kind. The utility ought to include a:
- Three-side Case for Support;
- 2-side CV;
- 1-side Host Department Letter of Support.
All paperwork ought to be written in font measurement 11 or above (Arial or Times New Roman) with 2cm margins throughout.
Application Deadline: Fellowship utility deadline is July 28, 2017.