TheMakerere University Regional Centre for Crop Improvement (MaRCCI) welcomes exceptional prospects from Eastern and Southern Africa to use for an extremely minimal variety of partial or complete scholarships to pursue an MSc in Plant Breeding and Seed Systems (PBSS) or a PhD in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology (PBB) at Makerere University.
TheCentre intends to gear up African researchers with sound theoretical and useful understanding, allowed for ingenious usage of the most existing breeding techniques in crop range advancement.
MaRCCI, an African Regional Centre of Excellence for Crop Improvement, is supported by a grant from World Bank (2017-2022) and builds on Makerere University’s extremely appreciated PhD and MSc training in plant breeding that was started as a local program by RUFORUM in 2008.
ApplicationDeadline: January 19, 2018
CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue an MSc or PhD program at Makerere University.
StudySubject: Scholarships are granted in the field of Plant Breeding
ScholarshipAward: A really minimal variety of partial or complete scholarships are offered.
Number of Scholarships: Not provided
Scholarship can be taken inUganda
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Students from Eastern and Southern Africa are qualified to use.
EntranceRequirements: All candidates need to show a strong dedication to working in farming and should satisfy requirements for admission to MakerereUniversity Applicants for the MSc PBSS need to have the following credentials–
- Must have actually gotten a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Crop Science or other appropriate fields
- Should be less than 35 years of age at the time ofapplication Applicants for PBB need to have the following credentials–
Announcement of Scholarships for MSc and PhD in Plant Breeding College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Makerere University
- Must have actually gotten a minimum of a Master of Science degree in Plant Breeding or other appropriate fields in plant sciences from an acknowledged and chartered university/ organization.
- Should be less than 40 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants from Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia will be provided choice.
The list below conditions are an included benefit:
- Current work in a seed business, National Agricultural Research Institution, University, or Ministry of Agriculture.
- Proof of task positioning upon effective conclusion and anticipated go back to any of above organizations or programs
- Evidence of partial assistance from other sources.
- Females might be provided choice.
Applicants need to supply:
- CurriculumVitae of not more than 2 pages, with Names and contact details (e-mail addresses and phone number) of 3 referrals
- Academic documents/transcripts (equated into English if needed),
- Letter concerning inspiration
- Photocopy of main page of passport
- Completedapplication type for Makerere University’s post-graduate program
- MaRCCI’s additional application type.
How to Apply:
Applications can be sent in paper copy.
( function() ());.
// async init when filling is done.
window.fbAsyncInit = function() ;.