The brand-new African Union Kwame Nkrumah Awards for Scientific Excellence (AUKNASE): Continental & Regional Awards are readily available for African Scientist for the year 2018.
The goal is to offer science awards to leading African researchers for their accomplishments and important discoveries and findings in science, innovation and development.
TheCommission of the AfricanUnion serves as the executive/administrative branch or secretariat of the AU (and is rather comparable to the EuropeanCommission). It includes a variety of Commissioners handling various locations of policy. The Commission is locateded inAddis Ababa, Ethiopia It ought to be differentiated from the AfricanCommission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, (based in Banjul, Gambia), which is a different body that reports to the African Union.
In order to be qualified fluency in the English language, as it is the mentor language Candidates might be needed for a composed or oral assessment after pre-selection.
- ApplicationsDeadline: November10, 2018
- CourseLevel: The program is executed at the nationwide level for young scientists, the local level for females researchers and continental level available to all researchers.
- StudySubject: Under this program, rewards are granted to leading African researchers in each of the following 2 sectors (a) Life and Earth Science and development; and (b) Basic Science, Technology and Innovation at the nationwide, local and continental levels.
- ScholarshipAward: The African Union Kwame Nkrumah Awards for Scientific Excellence Programme (AUKNASE) will be arranged at 3 levels:
- Nationality: Only nationals of the African Union (AU) the Member States are qualified to take part in these Awards.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Only nationals of the African Union (AU) the Member States are qualified to take part in these Awards:
AfricanUnion geographical local circulation of Member States:
CENTRAL AFRICA: Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Congo (DRC), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Sao Tome & Principe
EASTERN AFRICA: Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda
NORTHERN AFRICA: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Tunisia, and The Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
WestAfrica: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo
SOUTHERN AFRICA: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for the African Union Kwame Nkrumah Awards for Scientific Excellence, candidates will be African researchers who have actually made amazing accomplishments, shown by the variety of publications, variety of experienced research study college student, the applicability of the scientific work to Africa’s obstacles, and its patentability. The award is planned to acknowledge those who show excellence in research study of importance to the developmental requirements of the continent.
Only nationals of the African Union (AU) the Member States are qualified to take part in these Awards;-LRB- **).
Nominees will be Africans living in any of the AU Member States and can be chosen just for accomplishments based upon work carried out in an African nation.
For the REGIONAL AWARD: for Women Scientists, candidates ought to have nominators with a PhD degree, if it is an Academic in a university should a minimum of have a rank of AssociateProfessor There is no age limitation for this award. The candidate ought to fulfill a minimum of 3 of the following:
- Must have actually released a minimum of 5 short articles in journals (with an effect aspect higher than 1.0)
- Must look like senior/corresponding author in a minimum of 3 of the 5 short articles
- Must a minimum of have a minimum H-index of 5
- Must have at least one global or 2 nationwide patents signed up
- Must have actually monitored or co-supervised a minimum of 5 PhD trainees 4.4.6 Must have actually won a global grant as a primary private investigator
- Must have actually composed an evaluation post in her field of expertise
For the CONTINENTAL AWARD: is open to all African leader researchers, candidates ought to have candidates with a PhD degree if the candidate is an Academic in a university should a minimum of have a rank of AssociateProfessor There is no age limitation for this award. The candidate ought to fulfill a minimum of 4 of the following:
- Must have actually released in journals (a minimum of 20 short articles with the effect aspect higher than 1.0)
- Must look like senior/corresponding author in a minimum of 15 of the 25 short articles
- Must have a minimum H-index of 25
- Must have at least 2 global or 4 nationwide patents signed up
- Must have actually monitored or co-supervised a minimum of 10 PhD trainees
- Must have actually won a global grant as a primary private investigator
- Must have actually composed an evaluation post in his/her field of expertise
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: OnlineNominations (on the online system …) will be welcomed from any organization in the continent, from universities, research study organizations, expert bodies, academics, commercial facilities, and so on.
Nominations might be gotten from: