The University of Maine is delighted to supply Center for Cyber Safety and Education Undergraduate Scholarships for the yr 2017. Scholarships are open to highschool seniors and undergraduate college students who’re pursuing a level with a give attention to cyber safety or data assurance. Scholarship awards as much as $5,000 per recipient.
The University of Maine is a public analysis university situated in Orono, Maine, United States. The university was established in 1865 as a land grant school and is the flagship university of the University of Maine System.
All candidates are required to submit language proficiency: TOEFL: minimal rating of 79 (iBT) or 550 (iTP), establishment code 3916 and IELTS: minimal rating of 6.5.
Applicants from non-English talking nations should furnish proof of their proficiency in English. There are two main checks for this objective, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and checks from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Course Level: This scholarship is open to highschool seniors and undergraduate college students.
Study Subject: Scholarships will probably be awarded for pursing a level with a give attention to cyber-security or data assurance.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship awards as much as $5,000 per recipient.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship might be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following standards should be met in order for candidates to be eligible for scholarship:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a level with a give attention to cybersecurity or data assurance.
- You could also be a senior in highschool, an undergraduate scholar who’s presently a junior, freshman or sophomore. If you’re in your senior yr, please apply for the (ISC)² Graduate Scholarship if applicable. (add hyperlink to Graduate web page)
- GPA should be not less than three.zero on a four.zero scale (or an identical rank based mostly on a comparable scale).
- You could also be a citizen of any nation (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or on-line.
- May be attending full time or half time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You don’t presently should be enrolled; nevertheless no awards will probably be disbursed till the recipient is enrolled in a school or university.
- If awarded: the award will probably be despatched to the college with directions that it’s utilized to tuition, charges and books.
Nationality: Citizen of any nation (US citizenship not required) is eligible to use for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students should be senior in High School by Junior in College.
English language Requirements: Applicants don’t have to submit SAT and ACT scores to be thought-about for this award. All candidates are required to submit language proficiency:
- TOEFL: minimal rating of 79 (iBT) or 550 (iTP), establishment code 3916
- IELTS: minimal rating of 6.5
- CEFR – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: accomplished degree C1.
- Waived language check if:
Native speaker of English (e.g., Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, U.Ok.)
SAT Verbal rating is 550 or larger
ACT English rating is 24 or larger
High faculty transcript clearly states that English is the language of instruction of all topics
Student learning in the U.S. or Canada for two or extra years and not in an ESL observe
The scholar has efficiently handed an English Composition course at a U.S. establishment with a grade of C or larger, even when the coed has not studied in the U.S. for two or extra years.
How to Apply: The mode of software is on-line.
- Unofficial transcripts out of your present (or most up-to-date) instructional establishment. If awarded; no funds will probably be disbursed till official transcripts have been acquired.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the next:
- How lengthy have you ever identified the applicant and in what capability?
- What abilities or skills does the applicant have that can assist him/her in finishing a level?
- What different details about the applicant must be considered?
NOTE:Academic references are most popular; nevertheless, you might submit an expert letter of reference addressing the factors above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (not more than two pages and must be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from different candidates, and why you ought to be chosen to obtain this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you want the scholarship.
- Describe your private and training backgrounds.
- Describe why you selected your main and what makes you a candidate for success in data safety.
- Describe your targets for your tutorial profession and in your skilled profession.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular actions and what they imply to you
Application Deadline: Scholarship software deadline is April 20, 2017.