Applications are welcomed for DAAD PhD and Master Scholarships at Regional Center for Drought Adaptation Improvement (CERAAS) in Senegal for the year2018 Applicants from Sub-Saharan nations are qualified to use.
TheDAAD (GermanAcademic Exchange Service), as an openly moneyed, independent organisation of the organizations of college in Germany, promotes global scholastic exchange in addition to instructional co-operation with establishing nations through a range of financing and scholarship programs.
Ceraas is the outcome of the dedication of a nationwide institute of farming research study (Isra), research study institutes of Coraf member nations and their bilateral partners, to fulfill the obstacles of enhancing farming production in conditions dry spell. The goal of CERAAS is to supply technical options to reduce the depressive result of dry spell on farming production in order to lower the food deficit and enhance the standard of life of the populations.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July30, 2018
- CourseLevel: The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-SaharanAfrica with a very first scholastic degree if looking for a master’s program, or with a Master’s degree if looking for a doctoral program who wish to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their house nation (so-called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-SaharanAfrican nation (In-Region scholarships).
- StudySubject: The In-Country/In-RegionScholarship Programme Scholarships supports research studies in disciplines with strong importance to nationwide advancement. The scholarships at CERAAS are offered in the following fields:
- ScholarshipAward: The scholarship covers:
Tuition charges Master in XOF.
CountryGroup 1 *: 900.000,00 XOF
CountryGroup 2 **: 1.250000,00 XOF
SenegaleseStudents of ISEP: 940.000,00 XOF.
Tuition charges PhD in XOF.
CountryGroup 1 *: 1.175000,00 XOF
CountryGroup 2 **: 2.100000,00 XOF
SenegaleseStudents of ISEP: 1.190000,00 XOF.
Studyand research study allowance in EUR.
460 EUR (Master)
920 EUR (PhD).
Final allowance in EUR.
MonthlyScholarship in EUR (Accommodation, Food and so on).
300 EUR (MasterIn-Country)
450 EUR (MasterIn-Region)
500 EUR (PhDIn-Country)
550 EUR (PhDIn-Region).
Travel allowance in EUR (In-Region just).
220 EUR (NeighbouringCountry)
370 EUR (within Region)
690 EUR (throughout Region).
DAADIn-Country/In-Regionscholarship holders are likewise motivated to obtain a research study grant in Germany for 2 approximately 6 months. Please note: The short-term research study stay in Germany ought to ideally be revealed in the application for the routinescholarship The short-term research study scholarship consists of:
- A month-to-month scholarship payment for living expenses which totals up to 1.000 EUR each month
- Health/ accident/personal liability insurance coverage
- A flat-rate travel allowance
Further information concerning fringe benefits and the extra application procedures will be supplied after admission to the scholarship program.
- Nationality: Applicants from Sub-Saharan nations are qualified to use.
- Number of Scholarships: It has actually been decideded upon that DAAD complies with Centre d’Etude Régional put l’Am élioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) by providing to 2 In-Regionand 1 In-Country scholarships for PhD and approximately 3 In-Regionand 1 In-Country scholarships for Master research studies at CERAAS for the consumption 2018.
- Scholarship can be taken in Senegal
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Applicants from Sub-Saharan nations (Angola, Benin, Botswana, BurkinaFaso,Burundi, Cameroon, CapeVerde, CentralAfrican Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo(Brazzaville), Congo (DemocraticRepublic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, EquatorialGuinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, SaoTome and Principe, Senegal,Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are qualified to use.
- Have effectively finished normally a three-year university degree (Master prospects) or a two-year university degree (doctoral prospects) with above typical outcomes (2nd class upper department)
- Clearly, reveal inspiration and a strong dedication
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the language of guideline
- Have finished their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or irreversible citizens of a Sub-SaharanAfrican nation
- Should normally be a) employee of a public or personal university, b) prospect thought about for mentor or research study personnel recruitment, c) from the general public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni(AlbertEinstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
Female candidates and prospects from less fortunate areas or groups are particularly motivated to take part in the program.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: First action:
Applicants should obtain their research studies at CERAAS utilizing the contacts and the technique that is recommended by the organization.
CERAAS has actually set their own due dates. CERAAS will evaluate, pre-select (inning accordance with DAAD choice requirements) and shortlist the candidates. A comprehensive report including the shortlisting treatment, the whole list of candidates, the ranked shortlist and the shortlisting panel members will likewise be gettinged toDAAD The ranked shortlist will include at least double or triple (optional) the variety of scholarships that have actually been credited to the organization.
DAAD reserves the right of last choice.
Pre- chosen prospects are asked to log into the DAAD website and register themselves and send an DAADapplication The organization is asked for to interact the following details to the shortlisted prospects:
— DAAD application type properly filled (offered in the DAAD-Portal)
— Hand signed curriculum vitae, consisting of a list of publications (if suitable).
— Recommendation letter by university speakers (Master 1, PhD 2)
— Certified copies of university degree certificates consisting of records
— Letter of inspiration (if suitable: discussing the prepared research study stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
— Copy of the passport or nationwide identity card
PhD prospects need to send the following extra files:
— Declaration of approval from the scholastic manager
— Detailed and exact PhD proposition, consisting of in-depth work and schedule (if suitable: discussing the prepared research study stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
— Abstract of the proposition on one page (please consist of name and title of the proposition)