DAAD (GermanAcademic Exchange Service) is providing a postdoctoral fellowship at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Cameroon.
The function of the program is to supply chances to post-doctoral scientists to carry out cooperative research study at AIMS Cameroon, under the assistance of the research study chair holder. The program is developed to support post-doctoral training.
AIMS Cameroon is among the 6 centers of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) which is a pan-African network of centers of quality for postgraduate education, research study and outreach in mathematical sciences. AIMS objective is to make it possible for Africa’s brightest trainees to thrive as independent thinkers, issue solvers, and innovators efficient in moving Africa’s future clinical, academic and financial self-sufficiency.
CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue Postdoctoral program.
StudySubject: Fellowship is granted in the field:
ideally candidates with a strong background in Quantitative and/or Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations and their applications in real-world issues.
The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Cameroon, situated in Limbe, an enjoyable seaside town in the South West Region of Cameroon, about 2 hours from Douala International Airport.
ScholarshipAward: The fellowship includes:
- A travel allowance to take part in worldwide conferences: 2000 EUR
- a month-to-month instalment: 1000 EUR
- an individual swelling amount of 100 Euro/ month (for work-visa etc)
- The incumbent is required to conclude an insurance plan (health/accident/personal liability).
Number of Scholarships: NotKnown
Scholarship can be taken in Sub-SaharanAfrica
Eligibility: The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Have finished their PhD degree less than 3 years earlier.
- Be existing or potential mentor or research study personnel at a worldwide university or research study organization.
- Be ideally nationals of a Sub-SaharanAfrican nation.
Nationality: Applicants from Sub-SaharanAfrican nations (Angola, Benin, Botswana, BurkinaFaso,Burundi, Cameroon, CapeVerde, CentralAfrican Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo(Brazzaville), Congo (DemocraticRepublic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, EquatorialGuinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, SaoTome and Principe, Senegal,Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are qualified to use for this fellowship program.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should have finished their PhD degree less than 3 years earlier.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: There is likewise a mentor obligation and mentor language will remain in English.
How to Apply: Please send out a copy of your application toProf Dr. Gis èle Mophou at AIMS Cameroon through the following address by e-mail.
Applicants will be needed to sign up online through the DAAD-Portal: (see listed below)
Documents to be sent
- DAAD application type appropriately filled (offered in the DAAD-Portal).
- CurriculumVitae (please utilize the euro pass specimen type at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), consisting of a list of publications (if suitable).
- Research proposition (optimum 5 pages) consisting of comprehensive time and work strategy which should have been organized ahead of time with the chair holder.
- 2 suggestion letters from scholastic referees.
- PhD certificate (licensed as a real copy of the initial certificate).
- Master’s certificate (licensed as a real copy of the initial certificate).
ApplicationDeadline: Applications will be gotten the most recent by November 9, 2017.