Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) is offering Doctoral Research Fellowships for international pupils. The Doctoral Research Fellows receive payments equal to entrance fee (just for just-registered students) and tuition fee, and also benefits by participating in research actions.
The goal of the Doctoral Research Fellowship would be to accept exceptional and exceptionally motivated students pursuing a doctoral degree and acquire their capability to perform research as a young research worker by participating in research actions.
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology: JAIST is a postgraduate university in Japan, created in 1990. JAIST was created in the center of Ishikawa Science Park. It is to the south of Kanazawa City.
Course Level: Fellowships are accessible for pursuing the doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are given to study the areas provided by the university.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
The Doctoral Research Fellows receive payments equal to entrance fee (just for just-registered students) and tuition fee, and also benefits by participating in research actions after registering in the doctoral program. Special Type: 70,000 yen/month (approx. 1,370,000 yen/year including tuition) Normal Type: 30,000 yen/month (approx. 890,000 yen/year including tuition)
- In improvement to the preceding, an equal amount of entrance fee is paid to newly-registered students.
- Interim report, results report, and engagement in company might be requested by JAIST.
Number of Scholarships:
- Special Type: few successful applicants
- Normal Type: approx. 20% of all successful applicants for the doctoral program
Scholarship can be chosen in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants of standard tests, assessment for entry on the recommendation for foreign residents, and internal doctoral program admissions EXCEPT the subsequent:
- Applicants of tests for working professionals
- Company sponsored applicants
- MEXT scholarship pupils (including would-be pupils)
- Foreign authorities scholarship pupils (including would-be pupils)
- Students who’ll receive a scholarship equivalent to tuition fee from JAIST after entering the doctoral program through the internal entrance exam.
- 5D program scholarship pupils (students that are picked for both the 5D program scholarship as well as the DRF must choose just one of them before registering in the doctoral program.)
Nationality: Scholarships are open to international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have masters degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must submit among the subsequent score reports from a test taken within the last two years prior to the application form deadline.
- TOEFL(iBT or PBT)
- TOEIC(Listening and Reading Test)
- IELTS(Academic Module)
How to Apply: Submit the application by hand or registered express mail to the Student Welfare Section from the application deadline.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 10, 2017.