The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF), the Fulbright fee in India is happy to announce the opening of the Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished Chair (All Disciplines) Research Scholarships for the 2018-2019 educational years. These scholarships can be found to Indian college students to pursue analysis in South and Central Asia.
The Fulbright Program is designed to broaden and strengthen relationships between the individuals of the United States and residents of different nations and to advertise worldwide understanding and cooperation.
The Fulbright-Nehru Program affords the biggest variety of grants worldwide. Short-term Flex grants for analysis can be found via the Academic and Professional Excellence awards on a restricted foundation. See additionally analysis alternatives beneath the South and Central Asia Regional Research Program.
Course Level: These scholarships can be found to pursue educating/analysis programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in space of specialization.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cowl the followings:
- $5,000 per thirty days
- Additional dwelling allowance of $200 per thirty days per dependent, as much as a most of three dependents who accompany the grantee for at the least 80 p.c of the grant interval.
- Grantees are accountable for arranging their very own housing, however assist will likely be offered by USIEF and the host establishment.
ESTIMATED TRAVEL AND RELOCATION ALLOWANCE
- Round-trip worldwide journey for grantee and as much as maximun for two depedents.
- One-time baggage allowance of $350.
- ESTIMATED BOOK AND RESEARCH ALLOWANCE
- A one-time educating/analysis allowance of as much as $750 offered on a reimbursable foundation for particular allowable bills.
- DEPENDENT TUITION ALLOWANCE
- Up to $5,000 per little one or $10,000 per household for accompanying dependent kids in grades Ok-12 on reimbursement foundation.
Numbers of Scholarships: Approximately two scholarships can be found.
Scholarship may be taken in South and Central Asia
Eligibility: Applicants should meet the next space for these scholarships:
- Applicants are beneficial to determine acceptable host establishments for their initiatives. They aren’t required to correspond with them earlier than making use of.
- Applicants who’ve been in contact with potential host establishments ought to embody any correspondence within the software, equivalent to letters of invitation or expressions of curiosity.
- Appropriate placements will likely be organized for selectees.
- Applicants wishing to be affiliated at an establishment outdoors main metropolitan areas are inspired to point this of their functions.
- According to authorities of India tips, every scholar will likely be formally affiliated with a acknowledged Indian university/establishment for their mission and will likely be guided or assisted by an instructional supervisor. Therefore, USIEF will verify ultimate affiliations for candidates awarded Fulbright-Nehru grants. This is a part of the official clearance and visa course of.
- Although educational calendars differ throughout establishments, Fulbright-Nehru educating students have traditionally arrived in India in both July/August or in January. Applicants are inspired to inquire in regards to the ultimate grant dates for the host establishment when requesting an invite letter.
Nationality: Applicants of India can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will need to have Ph.D. (or different terminal diploma).
English Language Requirement: The language proficiency self-evaluation and language proficiency exterior analysis aren’t required. For educating, all instruction is in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by way of on-line.
Tailored Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Tailored to award, together with publications
- Up to 6 pages; eight pages for Distinguished Chair Program
- CV and Resume Guidance
Consult award description to find out whether or not the next are required:
Letter of Invitation
- For candidates within the following fields solely: structure and metropolis planning, the humanities (digital, combined media, portray, pictures, sculpture and different), and inventive writing (inventive fiction, inventive non-fiction, poetry, journalism and different), dance, movie research, media arts, music (composition, efficiency and different) and theater arts. – Requirements
Application Deadline: The software deadline is August 1, 2017.