Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) Scheme is open for international pupils. The scheme offers up to ten full time research fellowships for the programme commencing in 2017.
The intent of the Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) Scheme would be to support research workers within 3 years of the award of the PhD that have an exceptional track record (relative to chance) and/or who demonstrate signs of exceptional research potential.
Macquarie University is a public research university established in Sydney, Australia, in the suburb of Macquarie Park. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales Government, it was the third university to be created in the metropolitan area of Sydney.
Course Level: Fellowships are accessible for research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are given to study the areas provided by the university.
Scholarship Award: The wages range for the Fellowship will soon be given at step 6, 7 or 8 of Level A of the Academic Salary Scale, plus annual leave loading and 17% company superannuation. These wages grades will soon be corrected in line with motions in the Academic Salary Scale. Salaries over the range A6 A8 can’t be supported by the Fellowship, nonetheless supplementation by the host Department might be negotiated.
Number of Scholarships: Up to ten full time Research Fellowships commencing in 2017 will soon be given on a competitive basis, and certainly will be tenurable for three years.
Scholarship might be considered in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfill the following region for these fellowships:
- Applicants are eligible only if their PhD was given on or after 1 March 2014, or will soon be submitted on or before 7 August 2017. The Fellowship cannot commence before the PhD was granted, which must be by 30 June 2018.
- If a successful applicant isn’t a Australian citizen and doesn’t have permanent resident status, s/he must receive the required visa in the Department of Immigration and Border Protection before taking up the Fellowship. Please note that move and visa costs aren’t covered by the MQRF system; they will be the duty of the Host Department.
- Fellows must be in full time presence at Macquarie University for the whole period of
- the Fellowship, with all the exception of authorized field work and traveling.
- Applicants who were/are PhD candidates at Macquarie University, or who have experienced full time, part time, or occasional employment at Macquarie University because first of 2015, must create a case for why it’s suitable for them to continue or recommence their research career at Macquarie University.
Nationality: Australian and international students may employ for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are typically needed to supply evidence of competence in English at the larger amount needed by the University.
How to Apply: Each Faculty has their particular acceptance and review procedures for grants under this particular system. They additionally have deadlines for entry of draft applications which are earlier than the Research Office deadlines. You must contact your Faculty, as early as possible, in the very first case for info on procedures and deadlines. Note that applications which haven’t been through Faculty acceptance WOn’t be accepted.
Application Deadline: Expression of Interest (EoI) Key Dates:
- Faculty Closing Dates: Arts and MGSM May 5, 2017, Science and Engineering and Human Sciences 10th May 2017, Business and Economics and Medicine and Health Sciences May 17, 2017
- Closing Date: May 24, 2017, 5pm (AEST)
(NB: Faculty closing dates are before and applications which haven’t received Faculty acceptance will never be accepted)