TheUniversity of Aberdeen is welcoming applications for Ph Ds in the UK Oil and Gas Training Academy for entry in September-October2018. Up to 4 fully funded scholarships are offered to UK/EU students.
TheUniversity of Aberdeen is a public research study university in Aberdeen,Scotland It is an ancient university established in 1495 when William Elphinstone, Bishop of Aberdeen, petitioned Pope Alexander VI on behalf of James IV, King of Scots to develop King’s College, making it Scotland’s third-oldest university and the fifth-oldest in the English- speaking world.
- ApplicationDeadline: April15, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursuePh D. program.
- StudySubject: Four Ph D subjects are used this year, from which we will select 2 studentships.
- Interpreting fold-thrust structures: how great are idealized designs?
- Supervisors: ClareBond andRob Butler (University of Aberdeen).
- How responsive are seaside carbonate depositional systems to relative sea-level modification?
- Supervisors: RobButler, John Howell (University of Aberdeen), Rosanna Maniscalco and Agata di Stefano (University of Catania).
- CalibratingGeothermometers: incorporating field, lab and well information for evaluating thermal maturation of raw material
- Supervisors: DavidMuirhead andAlex Brasier (University of Aberdeen).
- ‘Over thickening’ of the Cretaceous along the NE Atlantic margin by igneous invasions
- Supervisors: NickSchofield, DavidMuirhead (University of Aberdeen), and Simon Holford (University of Adelaide).
- ScholarshipAward: The studentships are for 4 years and are fully funded, with stipend and charges, together with research study expenditures.
- Nationality: UK/EU students are qualified to use
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 2 scholarships are offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in theUK
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: UK/EU students are qualified to use are qualified to use for this scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should fulfill the list below requirements:
The studentships are for 4 years and are fully funded, with stipend and charges, together with research study expenditures. Potential candidates need to approach the called managers for more info, beyond that in the pdf related to the titles above.
Note that we will be required to fill a minimum of among the 2 studentships with a UK (house) candidate. The other might likewise be filled by a private from within the EU. Regrettably, these studentships are not offered to basic global students as the extra fee-components are not consisted of in the award. However, global students with access to their own scholarship funds who are interested in any of the 4 subjects noted above can call the managers who might have the ability to establish a comparable research study job, outdoors the Training Academy.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have outstanding composed and spoken English abilities.
How to Apply: Applications should be made through the University’s main admissions system here Applications must recognize the Oil and Gas Training Academy as the financing source.