Applications are welcomed for a full-time, fully-funded PhD scholarship at the Centre for EU Studies, Department of Political Science, GhentUniversity The effective prospect will perform doctoral research study on the impact of human rights NGOs on the European Union’s (EU) human rights promo in the post-Soviet area.
TheGhent University is a public research study university situated in Ghent,Belgium Ghent is among the biggest Flemish universities, including 41,000 students and 9,000 employee.
Applicants should have an outstanding command of English.
- ApplicationDeadline: January11, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarship is offered to pursue PhD program.
- StudySubject: This scholarship chance is offered on the impact of human rights NGOs on the EU’s policy to post-Soviet area
- ScholarshipAward: This is a fully funded scholarship.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered.
- Scholarship can be taken inBelgium
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should satisfy the list below requirements:
Profile of the prospect
- You have actually acquired a Master’s degree in Political Science or EU Studies, or a comparable credentials in an appropriate field, such as International Relations.
- You are interested in EU diplomacy, human rights promo and the EU’s policies to the post-Soviet area, and are extremely encouraged to perform scholastic research study on these subjects.
- You understand and/or are interested in qualitative and quantitative research study approaches.
- You have exceptional oral and written interaction abilities in English.
- You have an exceptional scholastic record, as exhibited, to name a few things, by exceptional research study outcomes.
- You have the ability to work well individually and as part of a group.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have exceptional oral and written interaction abilities in English.
How to Apply: Applications need to consist of:
- A cover letter, in which you define why you are interested in the position and why you consider yourself an ideal prospect
- A brief essay (ca. 1,000 words, omitting referrals) on (an element of) the style of this research study (e.g. it can be about EU human rights promo, the function of human rights NGOs in EU policy-making, or the EU’s policies to the post-Soviet area).
- A CV
- Transcripts of your certifications to this day (degrees and grade lists)
- Names and contact info for 2 referrals
Submit your application in a single PDF (not surpassing 5MB) by means of email to fabienne.bossuyt-at- ugent.be. Please put “PhD application on human rights NGOs” in the subject line of your e-mail.