TheTunisia Office of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Harvard University is welcoming applications for a postdoctoral fellowship. The call for applications is open to scholars in the Humanities or Social Sciences who have actually gotten their PhD within the previous 7 years.
The CMES Tunisia Office is the very first abroad branch of the Centerfor Middle Eastern Studies at HarvardUniversity Established in Tunis in January 2017, the workplace provides an in- situ base for Harvard trainees and scholars performing research study on the Maghreb and the MiddleEast The workplace’s objective is to host Harvard trainees in a website geographically situated in the location they are studying, to develop and enhance connections and partnership chances with Tunisian, North African, and Middle Eastern academic community, and to help with research study work for Harvard scientists within the Tunisian research study organizations, libraries, and archives.
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
- ApplicationDeadline: April 1, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue Postdoctoral program.
- StudySubject: Fellowship is granted in the field of Humanities or SocialSciences Preference will be provided to the most certified candidate whose research study consists of Tunisia and North Africa.
- ScholarshipAward: The 10- month wage for this position will vary from $47,500 to $56,000 and ought to cover the effective candidate’s lodging, food, and visa charges. A round-trip economy class ticket from Tunis to Boston will be released in addition to the stipend. It is approximated that the effective candidate will invest 30 hours each week on research study and 5 hours each week on mentor and recommending trainees. The fellow will deal with the Director of CMES on the course style and matters referring to research study.
- Nationality: Tunisian scholars are qualified to use
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Tunisian scholars are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
EntranceRequirements: The following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Preference will be provided to postdoctoral scientists who are locals and/or people of Tunisia or postdoctoral scientists who are studying subjects connected to Tunisia.
- Doctoral credentials ought to have been gotten in among the following disciplines: Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, or Political Sciences, with choice provided to those whose qualifications are from a Tunisian university.
- The postdoctoral fellow is needed to teach a one-semester course in English or inArabic Priority will be provided to prospects with a research study interest in Tunisia and North Africa.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants are needed to send the list below products as one PDF file:
- Current curriculum vitae, in English.
- A research study proposition (declaration of function) not to go beyond 1500 words, in English.
- A composing sample not to go beyond 5000 words that can be in English, Arabic, or French.
- A recommendation letter composed by the prospect’s argumentation consultant, in English, Arabic, orFrench This letter ought to be sent straight by the recommender through e-mail to cmes_tunisia-at- fas.harvard.edu prior to April 1, 2018.
Allapplication products need to be sent digitally to cmes_tunisia-at- fas.harvard.edu prior to April 1,2018 Late or insufficient applications will be ruled out.
( function() iframe). style.cssText = “width: 0; height: 0; border: 0”;.
document.getElementById(‘ fb-root’). appendChild( iframe);.
var doc = iframe.contentWindow.document;.
doc.open(). compose -LRB-”-RRB-;.
// async init when packing is done.
window.fbAsyncInit = function() ;.