TheAustralian Maritime Safety Authority is revealing applications for 10 brand-new fellowships for certified candidates from the South Pacific to sign up with WMU’s 14- month MSc in Maritime Affairs program.
A restricted number of fellowships to offer financial backing to trainees are provided each year by a variety of worldwide donors. All WMU programs of research study are created to react to the existing requirements of the maritime market through a balance of scholastic research study and useful experience.
TheWorld Maritime University (WMU) in Malm ö, Sweden is a postgraduate maritime university established in 1983 by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), a customized firm of the UnitedNations The objective of WMU is to even more improve the goals and objectives of IMO and IMO member States around the globe through education, research study, and capability structure to guarantee safe, safe and secure, and effective shipping on tidy oceans. WMU is really a company by and for the worldwide maritime neighborhood.
- ApplicationsDeadline: Applications can be sent at whenever; there are no cut-off dates.
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are readily available to pursue MSc program.
- StudySubject: Fellowships are granted to find out 14- month MSc in Maritime Affairs program.
WMU uses a postgraduate program in Maritime Affairs, causing a Master of Science or a Postgraduate Diploma, in the following expertises:
MSc trainees take advantage of a special program of worldwide field research studies at host companies such as shipping business, ports authorities, maritime administrations, and other governmental and non-governmental companies, throughout the world. The cooperation of an huge variety of worldwide organizations uses a special chance to experience the application of the most recent theories and innovations in real-life maritime scenarios, and to create bonds with an international network of maritime experts.
The program differs each year and by expertise. Examples of previous locations are noted below.
Maritime Education & Training universities/institutions in Norway, the Philippines, the Netherlands, EMSA (Lisbon) and IMO (London)
Maritime Energy Management Turkey(Istanbul), Sweden, IMO (London), Norway, Italy and Denmark
Maritime Law & Policy the ICJ (the Hague) or ITLOS (Hamburg), Chile, BIMCO (Copenhagen) and IMO (London)
Maritime Safety & Environmental AdministrationTurkey(Istanbul), Republic of Korea, Germany, IMO (London), Argentina, Chile and Denmark
Ocean Sustainability, Governanace & Management Finland, Germany, Malta and the Netherlands
Port Management Singapore, Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany (Hamburg) and other significant ports
Shipping Management & Logistics Greece, Sweden (Gothenburg), UK (London) and Germany (Hamburg) in addition to other significant shipping locations.
- ScholarshipAward: Paying the complete fellowship charge of $57,700 consists of lodging supplied by WMU, a month-to-month living allowance, and an airline company ticket house at completion of the program.
- Nationality: TheAustralian Fellowships are open to maritime experts utilized by the Governments of Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Cook Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga and Samoa.
- Numberof Scholarships: Up to 10 fellowships are readily available. Five fellowships are readily available to prospects signing up with the Class of 2019 in September 2018, and an additional 5 for prospects signing up with the Class of 2020 in September 2019.
- Scholarship can be taken atVarious places
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: These fellowships are open for candidates from South Pacific Regions:
CookIslands Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
WMU confesses trainees who are currently developed in professions in the maritime field. The Admissions Board will think about just those candidates who fulfill the following basic entryway requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline, or a comparable university credentials
- The greatest grade certificate of proficiency for unlimited service as master mariner or primary engineer, or comparable maritime credentials
- Substantial, straight pertinent expert experience
- Competence in English language, shown by a globally acknowledged basic test (See the complete English language requirements on the next page)
- Computer skills (at least the capability to utilize Microsoft Office)
Solid computer system abilities are vital considering that trainees are needed to utilize computer systems from the start of the very first term to compose their assessment responses, total projects, and perform research study and other tasks. Applicants who do not have computer system and keyboard abilities can not be accepted. From the group of candidates who fulfill these basic entryway requirements, the Admissions Board will pick just the best-qualified prospects, taking into consideration all their credentials and accomplishments.
AdditionalEntrance Requirements: Accelerated Programme
In addition to fulfilling the requirements described above, candidates for sophisticated standing should show they have actually currently covered the material of the very first term of the basic program. The extra credentials needed are:
- A postgraduate credentials in a location straight pertinent to the expertise the trainee means to follow
- Senior level, straight pertinent expert experience
- Proficiency in English without participating in the English and Study Skills Programme, and with a proper rating in the composing abilities area of the test. The tests and marks needed are defined under “English language requirements”
- Excellent IT abilities
Applicants to the sped up program should provide comprehensive records from their undergraduate and postgraduate research study. In lieu of records detailed curricula, the marks acquired, and a complete scholastic referral should be provided.
SpecialInformation for South African Applicants
Applicants from South Africa can look for financing for their research studies from TETA, the Transport Education and Training Authority.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: TheEnglish and Study Skills Programme (ESSP) is for anybody who has to interact better in English in the maritime field. ESSP trainees are normally:
- WMU trainees registered in the ESSP as a condition of entry into the MSc program
- WMU trainees who choose to take the ESSP in preparation for the MSc program
- Non- WMU trainees who want to update their expert and scholastic English interaction abilities in the maritime context.
TestRequirements: All candidates to the University should send a globally acknowledged English language efficiency test. Acceptable tests consist of IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge assessments, and GCE O-levels in English language. Other tests are accepted by the Admissions Board just under remarkable scenarios; candidates must consult the Registry in such cases.
How to Apply: All prospects should use digitally. Paper applications are declined.
Applications for admission to the MSc in Maritime Affairs must be sent online by means of the self service website:
Note 1: Please develop just ONE account and send just ONE application.
Note 2: All supporting paperwork must be finished prior to submitting the online type
So files can be straight submitted within the application.
In the occasion that you are not able to use online, please usage this pdf type and email the type, and all supporting paperwork, to MSc-at- wmu.se