TheUniversity of Exeter is happy to reveal its ICASE PhD Studentship for UK and EUStudents The studentship is moneyed through the EPSRC Industrial Cooperative Awards in Science & Technology (CASE) plan, through a grant awarded to DSTL.
The program intends to carry out world-leading research study, while training researchers and engineers with the appropriate research study abilities and understanding, and expert qualities for market and academic community.
A golden possibility for UK and EU students.
Founded in 1955, the University of Exeter has 6 scholastic colleges that supply undergraduate, masters and research study level programs for the students. It provides a vast array of topics throughout science, liberal arts and social sciences.
Whyat the Universityof Exeter? The university provides first-rate centers and little adequate to support a neighborhood based upon the pursuit of scholastic quality. Here, prospects can concern the leading edge in the expert world and get job opportunity.
ApplicationDeadline: April 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Exeter
- Department: Departments of Physics and Engineering
- CourseLevel: PhD
- Award: ₤110,000
- AccessMode: Online
- Numberof Awards: 1
- Nationality: UK &EUStudents
- The award can be taken in the UK
- EligibleCountries: Applications from UK and EU nations are qualified to use for the studentship.
- AcceptableCourse or Subjects: The studentship is part of the UK’s Centre of Doctoral Training in Metamaterials (XM2) based in the Departments of Physics andEngineering Prospective students can think about jobs from a wide array of fields: Acoustic and Fluid- dynamical Metamaterials, Biological and Bio- motivated Metamaterials, Graphene and other 2D Materials, and Related Devices, Magnonics, Spintronics, and Magnetic Metamaterials, Microwave Metamaterials, Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites, Optical, Infra- red, and THz Photonics and Plasmonics, Quantum Metamaterials, Wave Theory, and Spatial Transformations.
- AdmissibleCriteria: To be qualified, candidates should need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline (minimum 2:1).
- Visionand inspiration (for research study & expert advancement).
- Evidenceof the capability to work collaboratively and to participate in a varied neighborhood.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications are made to the Metamaterials program for a [email protected]
- SupportingDocuments: Candidates should send degree records( s) providing info about the credentials granted, the modules are taken throughout the research study duration, and the marks for each module taken, a scholastic CV, A cover letter describing your research study interests in basic, the title of the job( s) you are using for, an individual declaration and contact information of 2 scholastic referees.
- AdmissionRequirements: For taking admission, prospects are needed to fulfill the scholastic requirementsof the university.
- LanguageRequirement: Applicants from outside the house nation will typically require to fulfill particular English language requirements in order to have the ability to research study at the university.
The studentships are of worth around ₤110,000, that includes ₤25,000 towards the research study job (travel, consumables, devices, and so on), tuition charges, and a yearly, tax-free stipend of around ₤16,500 each year.