– TheParis Institute for Advanced Study (Paris IAS) is presently accepting applications for 2 calls for applications for research fellowships in 2019-2020 open up to scientists of all citizenships.
The main objective of the Paris IAS is to be a research centre anchored in the liberal arts and social sciences (HSS), with the objective of cultivating a rewarding discussion in between scientists from various cultural and disciplinary backgrounds.
TheParis Institute for Advanced Study (Paris IAS) is a research centre in the field of the liberal arts and social sciences (SHS), and associated disciplines. It uses globally-recognized senior and junior scientists an opportunity to perform 5- to nine-month research stays in Paris.
- ApplicationDeadline: April 3, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue research.
- StudySubject: The Paris Institute for Advanced Study is releasing 2 calls for applications for research fellowships in 2019-2020 open up to scientists of all citizenships.
–One call for 5 or 10- month fellowships in the “Blue Sky Research” program, open up to all disciplines and styles in the liberal arts and social sciences.
–One call for 5 or 10- month fellowships in the “Brain, Culture and Society” program. This call is for scientists happy to perform a job at the user interface in between neuroscience, cognitive science and the liberal arts and social sciences.
ScholarshipAward: Conditions of Stay
TheParis IAS offers its fellows with real estate and a regular monthly reimbursement (or the enhance of reimbursement). It likewise pays for their round-trip ticket to Paris.
TheParis IAS offers houses in the Pavillon Victor Lyon at the Cit é internationale Universitaire deParis This structure, completely reconditioned, uses 2-room to 5-room houses, a meeting room and other services.
Status and reimbursement
Fellows who preserve their status in their house organization gain from a stipend. For others, the Paris IAS proposes a short-term research agreement with income. In all cases, the reimbursement depends upon the fellow’s individual and expert scenario and on whether she or he continues to get pay from her/his house organization. The benchmark pay scale represents dominating requirements in French academic community.
Travel expenses from the fellow’s the home of Paris and back are covered by the IAS (economy class).
The IAS’ fellows will have to get an individual insurance coverage covering all dangers throughout their stay, for themselves in addition to the individuals accompanying them.
During their stay, the fellows will have a workplace in the facilities of the Paris IAS, in the 17 th Century Hôtel de Lauzun, with a computer system, Internet gain access to, and printer. The IAS offers conference and meeting room.
The fellows might get financial backing for their work and clinical activities, consisting of the company of occasions (colloquia, workshops, lectures, and so on). Help for the translation and publication of their research texts can likewise be proposed.
TheParis IAS and its partner organizations have actually signed arrangements making it possible for the fellows to delight in unique gain access to and loaning benefits in the primary Paris university- based research libraries. In addition, the fellows can have most books and files provided straight from the libraries to the institute.
- Nationality: All citizenships
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers unknowned
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Researchers from all nations are qualified.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should satisfy the list below requirements:
Researchers from all nations are qualified.
This call for applications is open to:
- Junior scholars with or without an irreversible position in a university or research organization, who have actually gotten theirPh D. no behind April 1st,2016 The candidates who have actually held their Ph D for more than 9 years will be thought about as senior scientists.
- Senior scientists holding a position in a university or research organization, or emeritus teachers, having a minimum of 10 years of research experience after theirPh D. (gotten prior to April 1st, 2008).
- The institute is multilingual. Knowledge of English is needed. The candidates are likewise anticipated to comprehend composed and spoken French, as clinical and social activities are held in French and English.
- Applicants who have actually invested more than an overall of 12 months in France throughout the 3 years prior to the application (that is, in between February 15 th, 2015 and February 15 th, 2018) are not qualified.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: The institute is multilingual. Knowledge of English is needed. The candidates are likewise anticipated to comprehend composed and spoken French, as clinical and social activities are held in French and English.
How to Apply: Theapplication, in English or French, should be sent by means of an online application system (see the guide “How to apply”). Mail or e-mail applications are declined.
Theapplication includes an online kind with the following connected files:
- a curriculum vitae (10 pages optimum) consisting of a list of publications and a list of the 5 publications thought about as the most crucial by the candidate;-LRB- *******).
- a comprehensive research proposition (25000 characters optimum, areas consisted of, bibliography not consisted of). The proposition must consist of:
- cutting-edge in the field, ingenious character of the proposition
- approach or theoretical structure
- anticipated results
- work preparation, timescales
- existing or prepared clinical cooperation and contacts in France
- bibliography (books and short articles pointed out)
- a letter of cooperation signed by a member of a university or research organization based inFrance Preference will be provided to jobs carried out in cooperation with the partners of the IAS (see list listed below). The prepared partnerships might consist of the company of conferences and series of lectures or the preparation of a research task to be sent to an international financing firm (like the ERC or the EU H2020 program);-LRB- *******).
- in the case of Junior Fellows, 2 recommendation letters from French or international scientists.
( function() ());.
// async init as soon as packing is done.
window.fbAsyncIn it = function() ;.