TheWorld Health Organization (WHO) was developed as a specialized company of the United Nations 70 years back, on April 7th,1948 Every year, this day is celebrated as World Health Day (WHD), to bring concentrate on a style of value for public health.
The WHD style for 2018 is Universal Health Coverage (UHC): making sure that individuals have actually access to required health services, of enough quality to be efficient, while likewise making sure that individuals do not suffer monetary challenge when paying for these services. WHO’s Director-General,Dr TedrosGhebreyesus, just recently highlighted that “UHC is not just an option. It is the only way to realize health for all”.
For WHD 2018, WHO Country Office for Myanmar is holding a Photo Essay Competition on “UHC through Programme lenses” under 4 classifications:
ThisCall welcomes entries for the Competition as follows:
- All entries that fulfill those standards will be accepted.
- In choosing winners, the following will be thought about:.
- How well each picture highlights its caption; and, how well that caption records a UHC experience in the program are chosen.
- The importance of the general story informed by the pictures and their captions together for “UHC through programme lenses”.
The leading submission in each classification will be shown as part of WHD 2018 ceremony activities. Awards will be revealed on 7th April as follows:
- Overall winner (from among the 4 classifications) USD250
- The winner in each staying classification (3 awards) USD100 each.
Entries needs to be sent out by e-mail to semmr-at-who. int on or prior to 5: 00 PM on 15 th March2018 Please consist of “UHC Photo Essay” and the pertinent Programme Category of the entry in the Subject of the e-mail.
( function() ());.
// async init as soon as filling is done.
window.fbAsyncIn it = function() ;.