Applications are welcomed for Marie Sklodowska-CurieActions COFUND Collaborative Research Fellowships for a Responsive and Innovative Europe (CAROLINE) for the year2019 Successful prospects will perform research study either in Ireland or abroad and will get inter-sectoral and interdisciplinary direct exposure through this program.
The goals of the fellowships are to support ideal extremely certified skilled researchers in any discipline to carry out research study appropriate to the overarching style of worldwide sustainable advancement as set out under the United Nations 2030 Agenda for shared financial success, social advancement, and environmental management.
The objective of the Council is to allow and sustain a lively and imaginative research study neighborhood in Ireland 5. The Council is an involved firm of the Department of Education and Skills and runs under the aegis of the Higher EducationAuthority The core function of the Council is to support exceptional research study throughout all disciplines and profession phases. The Council likewise has a specific function in supporting research study with a social focus and has actually developed collaborations throughout federal government and civil society.
- ApplicationsDeadline: September 6, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue research study.
- StudySubject: CAROLINE will draw in skilled researchers from any discipline to carry out research study appropriate to the styles of the UnitedNations 2030 Agenda for shared financial success, social advancement, and environmental management.
- While the award is made to the specific fellow, the fellowship fund is administered through the proper workplace within the fellow’s house host organisation.
- The worth of the CAROLINE fellowship will be determined utilizing the concepts of the Marie Sklodowska-CurieActions Individual Fellowships 2014–1513 and will include the following elements:
- Payment to the house host organisation for the fellow’s living allowance15 This quantity will be identified utilizing the base rate of EUR55,800 per year, which will be changed by the appropriate nation correction coefficient as defined by the European Commission for each year of the fellowship, depending upon the nation of the fellow’s home in the given year.
- Payment to the house host organisation for the fellow’s movement allowance in the quantity of EUR7,200 per year, for year 1 and 2 of the Irish fellowships and for year 1 of the International Fellowships.
- Payment to the house host organisation for the fellow’s household allowance in the quantity of EUR6,000 per year, where appropriate18
- Payment to the house host organisation for the fellow’s qualified direct research study, training and networking expenses to allow the fellow to perform the fellowship, in the quantity of EUR9,600 per year. Eligible direct research study, training and networking expenses consist of necessary research study materials such as little consumables; pay-as-you-go access to nationwide research study facilities; software application and hardware vital for the research study to be gotten in the very first year of the award; archival research study expenses; books and journals; conference travel and involvement; generic and/or specialist disciplinary abilities training; and publishing and review expenses. The just qualified vouched expenditures required for the application of the fellowship, sustained within the financing term and invoiced throughout the financing term will be moneyed. Membership expenses, stipends for trainees, wage for research study assistants or comparable wage expenses are not qualified for direct research study expenses under the plan.
- Contribution to indirect research study expenses in the quantity of EUR1,752 per year to support the primary partner organisation with expenses related to hosting the fellow, directing, keeping track of and recording their training and advancement, and supporting excellent working conditions.
- Health insurance coverage for CAROLINE fellows not qualified for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or where fellows are beyond the scope of EHIC. Eligible fellows will communicate straight with the Council prior to the appropriate plans are made.
- Paid maternity leave in line with Irish policy and the Council’s policy as laid out in Clause 10.
- The optimum that can be invested in any year of a CAROLINE fellowship is the appropriate yearly allowances as defined in the deal letter, plus any unspent balance of qualified direct research study assistance expenditures rollovered from the previous year of the fellowship if appropriate. Apart from this, funds might not be continued from one year to the next.
- Funding will be offered just for the application of the research study task and the profession training and advancement strategy as provided in the application kind. If any departures from this are desired or emerge, the previous authorization of the Council needs to be looked for.
- Expenses associated to activities that take place outside the financing term are not qualified under the fellowship.
- Nationality: Researchers of all citizenships are qualified to use.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Researchers of all citizenships are qualified to use.
EntranceRequirements: AllCAROLINE candidates should satisfy the requirements for among the following 2 skilled scientist types:
Experienced scientist type 1
Has been granted their postgraduate degree within the seven-year duration prior to the time of recruitment. Eligible profession breaks of as much as 5 years are taken into account8. For the functions of this condition, the date of graduation will be considered.
Experienced scientist type 2
- Does not hold a postgraduate degree, however holds a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent9, making it possible for him/her to start a doctorate in Ireland or the nation in which the credentials was gotten; and
- Before the time of recruitment, has actually finished a minimum of 4 years of full-time comparable research study experience following the credentials which would allow her/him to start a doctorate in Ireland or the nation in which the credentials was gotten.
- CAROLINE fellows should have the ability to interact to the requisite requirement through the English language. A declaration validating the exact same by the house host organization will be needed as part of the recommendation of theapplication
4.5.1 Applicants for the Irish fellowship:
126.96.36.199 Eligible candidates are those of any citizenship or residency who have actually not been in Ireland and in the nation of the proposed positioning, if appropriate, for more than twelve months in the 3 years prior to the time of recruitment.
188.8.131.52 For refugees under the Geneva Convention, the period of the refugee treatment will not be counted as a duration of home in Ireland and/or in the nation of the proposed positioning, if appropriate.
4.5.2 Applicants for the International fellowship:
184.108.40.206 Eligible candidates are those who have actually not been in the nation of the proposed secondment and in the nation of the proposed positioning, if appropriate, for more than twelve months in the 3 years prior to the time of recruitment.
220.127.116.11 For refugees under the Geneva Convention, the period of the refugee treatment will not be counted as a duration of home in the nation where the secondment is to be carried out and/or in the nation of the proposed positioning, if appropriate.
18.104.22.168 If the secondment is to be carried out in a nation besides an EU member state (MS) or an involved nation (Air Conditioner), the candidate needs to either be a national/resident person of an EU MS or Air Conditioner, or have actually been constantly active in research study for 5 years’ full-time equivalent in a MS or Air Conditioner, prior to the time of recruitment. If this condition is not fulfilled, the candidate will be considered disqualified.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are typically needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.