The brand-new MWK-FELLOWS COFUND Fellowship Programme of the Max Weber Centre for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies is now readily available for outstanding skilled scientists. Applicants can be of any citizenship.
TheMWK-FELLOWS fellowship programme uses inbound fellowships to outstanding skilled scientists from nations aside from Germany who are carrying out interdisciplinary research study in advanced cultural and social research studies.
TheMax Weber Centre for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies (Max-Weber-Kolleg) at the University of Erfurt is an extremely ranked international research study centre. It is distinct in its organizational structure by integrating the functions of an institute for innovative research study and a graduate school. Its ‘Weberian’ research study programme integrates historic, relative and interdisciplinary point of views with an interest in normative concerns in the social sciences.
- ApplicationsDeadline: October 1, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are readily available to pursue research study.
- StudySubject: The core disciplines at the Max-Weber-Kolleg are sociology, economics, spiritual research studies, law, viewpoint, history and faith.
- ScholarshipAward: MWK-FELLOWS will be selected on the basis of a routine employment agreement with the University of Erfurt inning accordance with the German Civil Service Collective Agreement (TV-L, pay grade E 13). Alternatively, fellows have the chance to remain in a present employment agreement with their house universities under the prerequisite of an accepted leave of lack. The University of Erfurt will compensate the house universities for their expenses of replacement in addition to the fellows for their extra expenses as much as a specified amount. MWK-FELLOWS will get a private research study and a training budget plan. They will be supplied with a completely geared up work environment and have complete access to the scholastic facilities (e.g. library loan, web area).
- Nationality: Applicants can be of any citizenship.
- Numberof Scholarships: Up to 10 Fellowships for Experienced Researchers.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Applicants can be of any citizenship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to fulfill the following requirements:
ResearchExperience: Applicants need to have a postgraduate degree or at least a comparable of 4 years of full-time research study experience at the application due date. Full- time comparable research study experience is determined from the date when a scientist got the degree which would officially entitle them to start a doctorate, either in the nation in which the degree was gotten or in Germany, irrespective of whether a doctorate is or was ever imagined.
MobilityRule: Applicants can be of any citizenship, however at the time of application they need to not have lived or performed their primary activity (work, research studies and so on) in Germany for more than twelve months in the 3 years right away prior to the application due date. Compulsory nationwide service and brief stays such as vacations are not considered.
Support: Applicants need to propose a research study task that can be especially well supported at the Max-Weber-Kolleg To meet this requirement, candidates need to discuss in information in their inspiration letter which research study group at the Max-Weber-Kolleg can offer this assistance.
Furthermore they need to determine in their inspiration letter at least one appropriate scientist from a research study group at the Max-Weber-Kolleg who has particular proficiency in the field of the candidate’s proposed task and with whom the candidate wish to work throughout the fellowship. A total list of research study groups and research study centres at the Max-Weber-Kolleg can be accessed here
EthicalIssues: The research study task need to propose research study that is not left out from EU financing due to ethical concerns.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: German abilities are not required, unless they are needed for carrying out the research study task. However, it is recommendable to have standard understanding for daily life and combination.
How to Apply: Applicants are strictly needed to send all essential files in German or English just by means of the online application website (applications by means of e-mail will not be accepted):
- finished online application kind
- curriculum vitae consisting of a list of publications ( please make certain that for all durations in which you were utilized, got a stipend, fellowship or grant, or remained abroad you discuss the precise dates, on which the duration began and ended in the following format: DD/MM/YYYY)
- Copyof the degree certificate and records of the most just recently finished university degree ( degree certificates which are not initially released in German or English need to be equated; the translation needs to be formally accredited; you need to send both the scan of the initial degree certificate and the scan of the formally accredited translation)
- Electronic copies of either 3 examined journal publications or one separately authored book, or a copy of the doctoral thesis
- Motivation letter which describes the factors for the application for the programme, especially why the proposed research study task can be wonderfully supported at the Max-Weber-Kolleg
- Names and contact information of 3 proposed independent external referees
- Research proposition (3000 to an optimum of 5000 words, omitting bibliography). The propositions need to consist of a quick summary of 10 lines prior to the primary text and need to have the following structure: state of the art, primary concerns, method, an in-depth work schedule)
- Completed and signed EthicalIssue Form
- Proofof research study experience: in case candidates do not hold a PhD-degree, a minimum of 4 years full-time comparable research study experience at the call due date needs to be recorded