Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme. Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can apply for all these fellowships.
The intention of the fellowship would be to procure a supply of highly competent Canadians with leading edge scientific and research abilities for Canadian sector, authorities and universities.
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) is a Canadian government agency that provides grants for research in the natural sciences and in engineering.
NSERC supports post secondary pupils and postdoctoral fellows in their own advanced studies.
Course Level: These fellowships are offered to pursue postdoctoral research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are given in the area of scientific research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will likely be granted $45,000 per year for a couple of years.
Number of Scholarships: There are 10 fellowships accessible.
Scholarship may be taken in the Canada
Eligibility: The following standards should be satisfied in order for applicants to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; and
- Hold or expect to hold a doctorate in among the areas of research that NSERC supports.
- You must have finished all prerequisites for the first doctoral degree no more than two years ahead of the deadline date of the entire year in which you apply, or by September 1 of the year of the prize statement.
- If you’ve obtained at least six months of full time applicable employment in business or authorities (expertise in a university or its associated hospitals, research associations and other laboratories will never be contemplated) after you received your doctorate, NSERC will prolong this qualification period to three years.
- If, within two years after the date of conclusion of your PhD, you draw from your work force and from busy research for maternity leave or to raise a kid for a minumum of one year, NSERC will prolong this qualification period to six years.
Nationality: Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can submit an application for the Fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: You must have finished all prerequisites for the first doctoral degree no more than two years ahead of the deadline date of the entire year in which you apply, or by September 1 of the year of the prize statement.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are generally needed to supply evidence of competence in English at the larger amount needed by the University.
How to Apply: NSERC scholarships and fellowships choice committees review all applications for PDFs. The committees are formed based on the broad area classes.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is October 15, 2017.