London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is providing two extremely aggressive PACF Scholarships for sub-Saharan African college students. Scholarships can be found to review one-year, full-time MSc programme.
The programme’s goal is to develop methods to handle in-country well being gaps and speed up country-level responses, with a selected deal with community-led interventions.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a public analysis university on Keppel Street, Bloomsbury, Camden, London, and specialised in public well being and tropical medication and a constituent school of the University of London.
It is important that each one college students ought to have an sufficient command of the English language to learn from research on the School.
Course Level: Scholarships can be found for pursuing MSc programmes.
Study Subject: The qualifying programmes are: MSc Control of Infectious Diseases, MSc Epidemiology, MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing, MSc Public Health, and MSc Reproductive & Sexual Health Research.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will cowl
- Tuition charges, together with any necessary discipline journey charges, and
- Tax-free stipend (dwelling allowance) of GBP 16,500.00, and
- GBP 2,000.00 in direction of MSc undertaking prices, and
- A coaching help grant for the sensible studying component of the award.
It is a situation of this funding that PACF Scholars should undertake a three-month sensible component at PACF’s London workplace, in the course of the interval they conduct their MSc undertaking. The function of that is to offer college students with coaching, studying, and sensible expertise, and a possibility to finish their MSc undertaking, while enterprise their placement at PACF.
Number of Scholarships: Two extremely aggressive PACF Scholarships can be found
Scholarship could be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships, candidates should
- Be nationals of, and resident in, international locations in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc 12 months on the School; and
- Have 2 years expertise working with inside community-based HIV/AIDS and/or public well being interventions, and
- Confirm (by submitting an utility for this scholarship) that s/he wouldn’t in any other case be capable to pay for their proposed programme of research, and
- Agree to enterprise a three month placement with PACF, in their London workplace, in the course of the summer season (while concurrently enterprise their MSc undertaking); and
- Meet the School’s minimal English language necessities, as required for admission to review, if short-listed; and
- Hold a suggestion of admission for 2017-18 for one of many following London-based MSc programmes of research: MSc Control of Infectious Diseases, MSc Epidemiology,MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing, MSc Public Health and MSc Reproductive & Sexual Health.
Applicants ought to guarantee they display excellent expertise and in their research and scholarship purposes, as acceptable. Preference will probably be given to these candidates who present how their expertise and information is likely to be utilized to neighborhood HIV/AIDS interventions, and who clarify how they are going to be efficient catalysts of change in their communities, significantly with regard to neighborhood HIV/AIDS interventions, as soon as they’ve accomplished their MSc programme of research.
Nationality: Nationals of sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to use.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A pupil should usually fulfill the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine basic entrance necessities and the extra programme particular entrance necessities as follows: The regular minimal entrance qualification for registration on the School on a Master’s programme is at the least one of many following:
- A second-class honours diploma of a UK university, or an abroad qualification of an equal commonplace, in a topic acceptable to that of the course of research to be adopted
- A registrable qualification acceptable to the course of research to be adopted, in medication, dentistry or veterinary research
English Language Requirement: It is important that each one college students ought to have an sufficient command of the English language to learn from research on the School.
How to Apply: Applicants ought to full each steps under by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an utility for an eligible 2017-18 London-based MSc programme of research, as per directions below the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the related programme of research web page, making certain that each one essential supplementary paperwork (together with references) are submitted through the Admissions portal as quickly as attainable to make sure that a suggestion of admission is held by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit a web based scholarships utility, deciding on the choice ‘PACF MSc Scholarships’. A accomplished Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship should be uploaded as a part of the Scholarship utility. (This is the one doc which must be uploaded on the Scholarships on-line utility.)
Application Deadline: The scholarship deadline is April 23, 2017.