TheOpen University is happy to revealPh D. Research Studentships in the School of Engineering and Innovation within the Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
TheOpen University is one of the UK’s leading ResearchInstitutions In the 2014 REF, 72% of its research was ranked as “world-leading” or“internationally excellent” The Open University is ranked 2nd inthe UK for its Education research based upon quality and breadth (TimesHigher research power).
Applicants should have excellent composed and spoken interaction abilities. It is a requirement that non-native English prospects show that they have actually passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
- Application due date: February 1, 2018
- CourseLevel: Studentships are readily available to pursue Ph D research program.
- StudySubject: Studentships are granted in the School of Engineering and Innovation.
Click on the title of each task listed below for an in-depth description.
- 3D printing of products optimised for acoustical efficiency
- A Novel Hybrid Method for Reliable Surface Residual Stress Measurement
- Adhesive, tribological, and lithographic habits of unique silicone liquids
- Advancingthe shape approach for the measurement of recurring tension in composite products
- CreepDamage Measurement of Austenitic Stainless Steel Using Hydrogen Desorption
- Deformation due to cyclic loading in additively produced nickel base superalloys
- Designand recognition of 3D printed aperiodic cellular structures
- Functionalisationof titanium alloy surface areas
- Hybrid structures for inexpensive batteries and supercapacitors
- Inclusive style of structures, locations and other developed things from a special needs point of view
- MechanicalAnisotropy in Additively Manufactured Aerospace Alloys
- Micromechanical research study of engineering alloys utilizing high-resolution digital image connection
- MicroplasticContamination Environmental Impact of Plastic Materials in Terrestrial Ecosystems
- RapidAcquisition of Biomaterial Degradation Kinetics
- Socio- technical choices and their carbon effects in structure advancements
- The possible health effects related to food waste storage, collection, and processing
- Towards co-creation of the metropolitan developed environment utilizing Participatory GIS to provide an equivalent voice to females and other under-represented groups
- Understandingand Visualising Design Margins in Engineering Design
- ScholarshipAward: Approximate stipends of ₤14,553, tuition costs are covered.
- Nationality: UK/EU trainees
- Numberof Scholarships: Numbers not offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: UK/EU trainees are qualified to obtain this studentship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should satisfy the list below requirements:
Candidates are needed to have at least an excellent bachelor’s degree (minimum 2:1) in a pertinent topic. Studentships cover full-time costs and a stipend for 3 years (UK/EU rate).
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have excellent composed and spoken interaction abilities. It is a requirement that non-native English prospects show that they have actually passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
Ph D Scholarships
How to Apply: If you want to use, please offer a finished application kind, an updated CV with 3 scholastic referrals, a cover letter as much as 1000 words, an IELTS English Language test rating (for non-native English language speakers), guaranteeing you have actually plainly suggested the task( s) of interest. Completed kinds and paperwork must be sent out by e-mail to STEM-EI-RESEARCH-at-open. ac.uk by the date specified in the task description. Interviews will be held at our Milton Keynes Campus early in March 2018.