The Department of Economics on the University of Copenhagen provides a PhD scholarship linked to EARN: Economic Assimilation Research Network. The profitable candidate might be employed from 1st of September 2017 (an earlier or later begin date may be organized).
EARN goals at bettering the mixing of refugees. KU, KORA and LG Insights are companions in the analysis programme that additionally entails dialog and information sharing with the vital establishments in the Danish integration coverage in addition to with internally famend researchers in the sphere.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and analysis establishment in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it’s the second oldest establishment of upper schooling in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants will need to have wonderful language abilities in English and have wonderful communications abilities.
Course Level: Scholarship is out there for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in utilized microeconomics and labour economics with a concentrate on integration of refugees, on the Department of Economics, University of Copenhagen
Scholarship Award: The profitable candidate might be employed from 1st of September 2017 (an earlier or later begin date may be organized).
Scholarship may be taken: Denmark
- The ultimate candidate has robust abilities inside utilized microeconometrics and a transparent motivation to do coverage related analysis inside empirical labour economics. The PhD mission ought to contribute to our understanding of the employability of refugees and the mixing of refugees into the Danish labour market. The profitable candidate will be a part of a devoted and skilled staff of worldwide researchers and nationwide specialists on immigration and integration and the community provides good alternatives to develop top quality analysis abilities in addition to analytical and collaborative abilities relevant to mission administration in common.
- The PhD scholarship might be awarded both as a 5+Three or a Four+Four scholarship relying on the scenario of the applicant. The scholarship will permit the scholar to use quite a lot of complementary scientific strategies and acquire internationally aggressive analysis abilities utilized throughout the economics of immigration and integration, guided by nationwide and worldwide specialists in the sphere.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship in the 5+Three PhD research programme the applicant will need to have accomplished a two 12 months MSc diploma programme, or have earned 120 ECTS credit at an equal educational stage earlier than beginning his or her employment. Applicants ought to verify the research programmes for extra detailed descriptions of the entry necessities. PhD college students are paid a wage in accordance with the settlement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The PhD scholar has a piece obligation of as much as 840 hours over the three 12 months time frame with out extra pay. The work obligation can embody as an illustration instructing.
- Students who’ve accomplished a BSc plus 60 ECTS of an MSc diploma programme would enrol as PhD college students concurrently with their enrolment in the MSc diploma programme (Four+Four PhD research programme). Applicants ought to verify the research programmes for extra detailed descriptions of the entry necessities. Until an MSc diploma is obtained, the grant is paid partly in the type of as much as 48 state schooling grant parts (in Danish: SU-klip). More particularly the PhD scholar might be paid two grant parts per thirty days plus wage for work (instructing, shows and many others.) which totals a workload of no less than 280 hours. Payment and situations of employment are carried out in accordance with the settlement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). Upon completion of the MSc diploma the scholar is transferred to the salary-earning a part of the PhD research.
-The University of Copenhagen needs to mirror the encircling society, and invitations all certified candidates, no matter private background, to use for the positions.
-In order to be awarded a PhD scholarship the applicant has to enrol as a PhD scholar on the Faculty of Social Sciences, cf. the foundations of the Danish Ministerial order No 1039 of 27 August 2013.
Nationality: Danish and Non- Danish candidates are eligible to use for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will need to have their earlier diploma.
English Language Requirement: Applicants will need to have wonderful language abilities in English and have wonderful communications abilities.
How to Apply: The utility should be submitted electronically. Applications ought to embody the next enclosures:
- CV, incl. related expertise (internships, work) and language
- Degree certificates and transcripts of all related course work
- Project proposal (Three-Four pages)
- List of publications (if any)
Application Deadline: The utility deadline is May 1st, 2017.