Applications are welcomed for Two PhD scholarships on “Processingand conservation of Fruits (1 position) and Green leafy veggies (1 position) in Tanzania “at the Department of Food Biotechnology and Nutritional Sciences.
The FruVaSe task will begin in September 2018 to deal with “Fruits and vegetables for all seasons: Improved resource-efficient processing techniques and new market solutions for surplus fruits and vegetables for rural development in Sub-Saharan Africa”.
TheNelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST), is one in a network of Pan-AfricanInstitutes of Science and Technology situated throughout the African continent.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July20, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are readily available to pursue the PhD program.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted on “Processingand conservation of Fruits (1 position) and Green leafy veggies (1 position) in Tanzania “at the Department of Food Biotechnology and Nutritional Sciences– Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology in cooperation with the Department of Crop Sciences, University of Göttingen, Germany.
- ScholarshipAward: Scholarship inning accordance with NM-AIST charges structure
- Internationaland interdisciplinary environment to collaborate with a number of other PhD and MSc trainees from various disciplines in all taking part nations
- Nationality: International trainees are qualified to look for this scholarship.
- Numberof Scholarships: Two positions are readily available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International trainees are qualified to look for this scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- MSc with difference/ honours/GPA 3.8 in Food Technology, Food Sciences and Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, Horticultural Sciences or any associated field
- Very excellent command of English
- Field experience in backwoods of SSA.
- Team gamer; determination to presume duty and deal with own effort
- High interest in foodstuff advancement and other disciplines
- Proficiencyin pertinent data is vital
- Willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary group, to take a trip and invest a number of months at the same time in East Africa and Germany
- Applicant needs to have an NM-AIST admission letter
- Experiencein fruits and veggie processing will be an included benefit
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have an excellent command of English.
How to Apply: Please send your application files (CV, a one-page inspiration declaration, and a run-through of your proposed research study (max. 4 pages)). Deadline for Application: 20 th July 2018, 18.00Hrs. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.