GhentUniversity is providing Research fellowship Bio- informatics:“Clinical implementation of genomics based precision oncology pipelines” International students are qualified to use for this fellowship.
GhentUniversity is a top 100 university and among the significant universities inBelgium Our 11 professors provide a wide variety naturally and conduct in- depth research in both specific and social sciences. Ghent University intends to motivate its students to embrace a crucial method within an innovative, development-oriented instructional and research environment.
To have the ability to identify the efficiency of somebody’s understanding of Dutch or English, Ghent University utilizes the Common European Framework Reference for ForeignLanguages There are 6 foreign language efficiency levels and is a basis for the acknowledgment of language credentials.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July01, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue research.
- StudySubject: Fellowships are granted within the Department of Pediatrics and medical genes.
- ScholarshipAward: Theuniversity uses:
- Nationality: International students are qualified to use for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
You will work in a multidisciplinary environment under the guidance of senior researchers in bioinformatics and molecular biology in the Center for Medical Genetics (cmgg.be) and within the wider structure of the Cancer Research Institute Ghent (crig.ugent.be) where you will carry out and establish (brand-new) algorithms for genomics analysis of growths intending at a more exact care for the client.
- MSc with an expertise track in bioinformatics or equivalent through experience OR holder of a PhD degree in bio-informatics, (medical) biology, (bio-) engineering, computer technology, or associated fields, gotten in the last 5 years. Candidates with previous experience in (epi) genomics innovations and basic bioinformatics and analytical abilities are highly motivated to use.
- Candidates needs to be group gamers able to assist arranging multidisciplinary tasks and have strong tactical analytical problem-solving abilities (innovative, crucial, and unbiased).
- Experience with the analysis of sequencing information, such as human entire exome/genome sequencing, (single cell) RNA-sequencing, consisting of quality assurance, checked out mapping, alternative detection, de novo assembly, SNP/indel calling, copy number and structural variation analysis, expression level analysis, etc is a plus.
- Solid experience with bioinformatics programs, databases and stats for bioinformatics, consisting of scripting (e.g. Perl, Python), R (incl. Bioconductor), UCSC Genome Browser, Ensembl API, etc, understanding of relational databases (MySQL, etc) and web servers (Apache, etc) is highly suggested.
- Basic insight of (cancer) biology and genomics.
- International experience (internships, brief sees, etc) is valued.
- Excellent oral and written interaction abilities in English; English language efficiency.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have outstanding oral and written interaction abilities in English; English language efficiency.
How to Apply: Candidates can use by sending their CV and letter of inspiration to Annelies De Paepe (A.DePaepe-at- ugent.be) prior to June 30 th,2018 Top- ranked prospects will be welcomed for an interview (either skype or on website). Location: Medical Research Building (MRB1) Center for Medical Genetics Ghent (CMGG) Ghent University Hospital Corneel Heymanslaan 10 B-9000Ghent, Belgium tel +32 9 332 39 45/+32 9 332 24 51.