South Asian Journalists Association is taking applications from international applicants for Saja Reporting Fellowships, 2017. These fellowships are empowering for jobs that cover external and significant problems which have either not been covered in-depth or not covered in any respect by the mainstream U.S. media.
These fellowships plan to support in-depth reporting jobs by giving grants to cover some of reporting expenses.
SAJA, the South Asian Journalists Association, is among the very dynamic journalism organizations in the U.S. and Canada. Founded in March 1994 with 18 members, now it joins and serves more than 1,000 journalists at news outlets, enormous and small.
Course Level: The SRF is open to all journalists, everywhere in the world, as long as the proposition is about South Asia or the South Asian Diaspora.
Study Subject: These fellowships are granted in the subject of Journalism.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship is granted Up to $20,000 may be given out yearly, split among jobs at SAJA’s discretion. Each fellowship prize is normally between $3,000-$7,000.
Number of scholarship: Not known
Scholarship may be considered in the New York
Eligibility: The following standards should be fulfilled in order for applicants to be eligible for the fellowships:
- Have exhibited encounter in finishing high level, all-inclusive journalistic endeavors.
- Produce content in the English language.
- Be in a position to publish or air the finished work in North America (U.S. and Canada).
- Applicants need not be based in North America, but the closing work SHOULD be released in a U.S. or Canadian media outlet.
- Be willing to use an editor, picked by SAJA, that will manage the successful conclusion of the job.
- Be accessible to go over the job at SAJA occasions, including but not restricted to the annual SAJA convention and panel discussions.
- In improvement, the news organization(s) that release (es) or atmosphere(s) the finished work(s) must consent to offer a notable credit to SAJA. You will require a letter of interest from a publication.
Nationality: International Students are qualified to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants have exhibited encounter in finishing high level, all-inclusive journalistic endeavors.
English Language Requirement: pupils should demonstrate they have a great degree of written and verbal English.
How to Apply: Applicants can use via saja.submittable.com/submit/61283
- An upgraded picture of the applicant
- An upgraded bio
- Project name
- An outline introduction to the job (200 words)
- Introduction to the job (less than 30 words)
- Image for the job (to be supplied once fellow acreages in the state they’re reporting in)
Application Deadline: The program deadline is May 15, 2017.