TheNational Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) in Brasilia, Brazil, and TWAS is welcoming applications for TWAS-CNPq Postgraduate FellowshipProgramme The fellowship is offered for scientists from developing countries aside from Brazil.
The scholastic year in Brazil generally starts on 1 March and the 2nd term in early August of each year. Candidates will register for their PhD at the host organization and should observe the scholastic calendar of the host organization, i.e. be all set to begin their Fellowship on the very first day of classes/courses (probably in Portuguese).
TWAS– The World Academy of Sciences for the development of science in developing countries– works to assistance sustainable success through research study, education, policy and diplomacy. TWAS is a worldwide science academy based in Trieste,Italy TWAS was established in 1983 by a prominent group of scientists from the developing world, under the management of Abdus Salam, the Pakistani physicist and Nobel laureate.
- ApplicationsDeadline: September14, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to research study Postgraduate programFellowship is granted to research study full-time and sandwich postgraduate fellowships to young scientists.
- StudySubject: Fellowship is granted in the following fields:
- ScholarshipAward: CNPq will offer a basic regular monthly allowance which ought to be utilized to cover living expenses, such as lodging, food and medical insurance. The regular monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- Nationality: Fellowship is offered for scientists from developing countries aside from Brazil:
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided.
- Scholarship can be taken in Brazil
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Fellowship is offered for scientists from developing countries aside from Brazil:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tom é and Pr íncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants for these fellowships should satisfy the following requirements:
- There is no age limitation for this program.
- Hold a university degree in the Natural Sciences (minimum Master’s degree).
- Have great command of Portuguese and/or Spanish and/or English.
- Be a nationwide of a developing nation aside from Brazil.
- Must not hold a visa for long-term or short-lived residency in Brazil or in an industrialized nation.
- Provide proof that s/he will return to her/his house nation on conclusion of the fellowship.
- Not use up other projects throughout the duration of her/his fellowship.
- Provide a main approval letter from the host organization ( please refer to the sample that can be downloaded listed below or is offered and want to perform part of their PhD research study (Sandwich alternative) or register for a complete PhD degree (Full time alternative) in the lives sciences at a getting involved CAPES-listed Brazilian organization (see point 3 above).
- Prove understanding of Portuguese or offer a certificate of efficiency in Spanish or English (if these languages are not the prospect’s native tongue).
- Have upgraded Curriculum Vitae on CNPq’s Lattes Platform (see note on online applications listed below).
- Present an in-depth research study strategy concurred by her/his host manager.
- Be economically accountable for any accompanying relative.
- For SANDWICH candidates just: Provide a statement from the house organization, which specifies the prospect has actually been formally registered as a PhD Student in the house nation for a minimum of 1 (one) year by the date of the application.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: In most organizations the language of direction is Portuguese; in a couple of organizations it is English.
Howto Apply: Submitting your application
- Applicationsto the TWAS-CNPq Fellowships should be sent online just.
- Information on the call for applications where you will discover the program information, eligibility requirements, needed files and certificates along with the online application.
- Firstly, the prospect needs to produce a CV Lattes through the link.
Secondly, the prospect needs to send the application by means of the Carlos Chagas Platform offered at (Proposals and Requests/Novos/InternationalCooperation/Twas).
- Applicants needs to understand that CNPq and TWAS will decline applications sent by other methods other than by means of the online application kind.
- No applications will be accepted after the due date. Therefore, it is suggested to send your electronic application as early as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants ought to send the Acceptance Letter from a CAPES-listed organization to CNPq when using. Without initial approval, the application will not be thought about for choice.
- Queries worrying the submission of applications by means of the online website.
- Applicants ought to understand that they can look for just one fellowship each year. With the exception of the VisitingScientists program, all other fellowship programs used by TWAS and OWSD are equally special.