Applications are welcomed for PhD Fellowships at the Max Planck ETH Center for Learning Systems granted to exceptional doctoral fellows since August 3rd, 2018.
This is an interesting brand-new program and admission is extremely competitive. Each PhD fellow will have a main area (selected based upon interests and match) and invests one year at the other area also.
TheMax Planck ETH Center for Learning Systems (CLS) is a joint research study centre of ETH Zurich and the Max PlanckSociety The Center’s objective is to pursue research study in the style and analysis of learning systems, artificial or natural. This effort combines more than 40 teachers and senior scientists in the fields of artificial intelligence, understanding, robotics on big and little scales, along with neuroscience.
- ApplicationsDeadline: November12, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue PhD program.
- StudySubject: The PhD trainees will add to world-leading research study in these locations:
- ScholarshipAward: The period of the CLS PhD Fellowship is at first 3 years. For fellows with excellent development it can be extended for optimum one year to finish the PhD thesis (choice to be taken by the CLS Steering Board, without extra interviews). CLS PhD fellowships will be compensated inning accordance with the guidelines of the Max-PlanckSociety and ETH Zurich, respectively. The matching standards for doctoral education use. The CLS will pay for a part of the position, which is matched by the host laboratory at the Max-Planck-Society and ETH Zurich, respectively.
- Nationality: International trainees are qualified to use for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International trainees are qualified to use for this fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
People with a strong scholastic background and a master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Mathematics, Control Theory, Neuroscience, Materials Science, Physics or associated fields need to use.
Candidates are anticipated to have actually a finished master’s degree in computer technology, physics, engineering, used mathematics, products science, neuroscience or other pertinent fields along with an outstanding performance history and need to satisfy the basic admission requirements for a doctorate at ETH Zurich (offered at https://www.ethz.ch/en/doctorate.html).
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Please read this file Herein order to learn about financial backing, needed files and the choice treatment.
- A total CV consisting of a list of publications, welcomed talks and awards (if appropriate)
- A brief letter of inspiration (1-2 pages) detailing the research study location of the prospect
- Scanned records of certificates (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, other degrees)
- 2-3 referral letters to be sent out straight per e-mail to the CLS Executive Office within the application due date.
Callsfor applications will be released ca. as soon as annually.