-The brand-new Postdoctoral Fellowship: Japan- ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies” at the Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at Kyoto University, Japan.
Under this six-year program moneyed by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), we intend to develop a number of sub-projects that are solution-oriented. By establishing a “transdisciplinary platform”, we look for to produce an useful discussion in between scholastic and non-academic stakeholders for transformative research study on the ASEAN area.
In order to support the development of human society in the 21 st century and deal with worldwide immediate problems, disciplinary disciplines where various global and global personnels are collected through Japan ASEAN Collaboration (Transdisciplinary) neighborhood, and we will deal with essential research study on life-based on the variety of nature and society.
- ApplicationsDeadline: August31, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue Postdoctoral degree program.
- StudySubject: Fellowship is granted under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.”We take care of a range of problems, such as:
- Environmental deterioration
- Natural resource governance
- Economic development and circulation
- Ageing, health, and well-being
- Urbanization and depopulation
- Emerging transmittable illness
- Natural catastrophes
The origin of these pushing problems should be comprehended and services should be looked for beyond the confinement of nationalism, scholastic disciplinarity, and barriers separating scholastic and non-academic stakeholders.
- ScholarshipAward: In addition to a regular monthly wage of around JPY 350,000, which undergoes tax, social insurance coverage and other reductions in accordance with Japanese law, the fellow will be entitled in our health and social insurance coverage system. Shared working area and access to workplace centers and library resources at Kyoto University will be likewise offered.
- Nationality: Fellowship is offered for students from all around the world.
- Number of Scholarships: One postdoctoral fellowship will be provided.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Fellowship is offered for students from all around the world.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
We motivate applications from scientists with aPh D. or evidence of a strong research study and publication performance history in location research studies, sociocultural sociology, location, sociology, economics, politics, political economy, political ecology, forestry, biology, medication, ecology, hydrology, environment science, fisheries science, ecological science, catastrophe science, natural deposits, governance or associated disciplines. The candidate should not be the recipient of a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship or comparable programs at the time of work. While the application is open to prospects from all areas of the world, choice will be provided to candidates from Southeast Asia or who have Southeast Asian heritage. Additionally, we have a choice for prospects who work in maritime/insular Southeast Asia.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: OnlineApplication type:
- 1) Curriculum Vitae (should consist of details on language abilities, both oral and composed; list of discussions at global scholastic conferences and workshops; fieldwork experiences; list of grants and awards; and the total list of publications, showing which ones are refereed)
- 2) Two suggestion letters *
- 3) Samples of significant publications (2 samples with abstracts; electronic copies or copies are appropriate).
- 4) Summary of academic activities and accomplishments (1200 words or less)
- 5) Statement of your research study, composing, and publication objectives for this fellowship, and your contribution to the research study style or subject( s) detailed by the research study cluster that you want to be a part of (1200 words)
*The suggestion letter can be straight sent out from the referee by means of postdoc-at-cseas. kyoto-u. ac.jp by e-mail accessory.