Applications are welcomed for the postdoctoral research fellowship at the Marine Research Institute (Ma-Re) University of Cape Town, SouthAfrica Fellowship is readily available for global trainees.
The prospect should have experience with the execution of local or international ocean mathematical designs, information analysis and visualization.
TheInstitute’s primary focus is research, which underpins its mentor, training, capability advancement and consultancy activities. Hence it combines active scientists in the field who include worth to and take advantage of this collective structure. At the Institution, observation, measurement, and collection of samples and information are achieved by ship cruises, school outing and remote noticing by satellite. The institute’s variety of multi-disciplinary scientists is included in interesting inter-disciplinary jobs. The Ma-ReInstitute was formally made up in October 2006 as one of the very first signature styles at UCT. This was the conclusion of a consultative procedure including all marine scientists at UCT. To develop UCT as a worldwide acknowledged center of quality, and a leading college organization for multi-disciplinary marine research, mentor and training in Africa and the southern hemisphere.
- ApplicationsDeadline: Applications will remain open till the position is filled. However, it is expected that the fellowship will start in September 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is readily available to the postdoctoral research program.
- StudySubject: Ma-Re looks for a Research Associate (UCT post-doctoral research fellow) as part of the global job “Humpback Whales in a Changing Climate”, in cooperation with Australia and other South African universities. The prospect will establish the modelling element of the job to study the function of ocean conditions in identifying the migratory patterns in the Southern Ocean and along the eastern coast of SouthAfrica A mix of big scale and local scale ocean designs will be utilized, in combination with ocean biogeochemistry designs of different intricacies.
- ScholarshipAward: The worth of the fellowship award is in between R300000 and R400000 per year, depending upon research experience. Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are non-taxable, suggesting that fellowships need to be approved without additional benefit and no services are needed of the effective prospect in return for the fellowship beyond the concurred research activity.
- Nationality: Fellowship is readily available for global trainees.
- Numberof Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Fellowship is readily available for global trainees.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Postdoctoral research fellowships are readily available just to people who have actually attained the postgraduate degree within the previous 5 years;-LRB- *******).
- Applicants might not formerly have actually held full-time long-term expert or scholastic posts;-LRB- *******).
- No advantages or allowances are consisted of in the worth of the fellowship;-LRB- *******).
- The effective incumbent will be needed to adhere to the University’s authorized policies, treatments and practices for the postdoctoral sector;-LRB- *******).
- The effective prospect may, as part of their expert advancement, be asked for to get involved in department activities such as restricted mentor and cosupervision and incidental responsibilities;-LRB- *******).
- PDRFs are allowed to carry out part-time work for no greater than 12 hours weekly. Such compensated work is taxable.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: To use, send out an e-mail application to ma-re-at- uct.ac.za and connect the following: a cover letter explaining research experience, interests, and collective experience; a curriculum vitae and list of publications; accredited records of scholastic certifications at tertiary level; and get in touch with details for 2 (2) clinical referees.