Schwarzman Scholars Program is open to the outstanding students from all around the globe financed by American financier Stephen A. Schwarzman. This program provides scholarships to pursue the master degree at Tsinghua University in China.
The intention of the scholarships would be to offer learning opportunities with leaders from China and also the entire world through high level interactions at lectures, an internship program, a mentor’s network, and intensive deep-dive traveling seminars.
Tsinghua University, among the nation’s top universities. Drawing on the very best conventions of Tsinghua and top academic institutions all over the world, the program bridges the academic and professional worlds to train pupils about leadership and about China’s enlarging function in the world.
Course Level: These scholarships are accessible for pursuing master’s degree programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are granted in the areas of Economics and Business, International Studies or Public Policy.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing in the start and ending of the academic year
- An in-nation study tour
- Required class publications and supplies
- Lenovo notebook and smartphone
- Health insurance
- A private stipend of $3,500
- With a $450 million endowment, Schwarzman Scholars will likely function as the single greatest philanthropic attempt ever undertaken in China by mostly international donors.
Numbers of Scholarships: Ten scholarships can be found.
Scholarship could be required in China
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfill the next area for the scholarship:
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited school or university or its equivalent.
Applicants who are registered in undergraduate degree programs should be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by August 1, 2018, before orientation starts. There are no prerequisites for a particular area of undergraduate study; all subjects are welcome, but nevertheless, it’ll be significant for applicants, irrespective of undergraduate major, to say how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential in their discipline.Age Requirement.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years old at the time of August 1, 2018.
Nationality: Applicants from all over the world can implement for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must exhibit powerful English abilities, as all teaching will likely be ran in English. If the applicant’s native language isn’t English, official English ability test scores must certanly be submitted together with the application. This prerequisite is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of education was English for at least couple of years of the applicant’s academic program. The condition is likewise waived for applicants who’ve examined in English for two or maybe more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.Acceptable test choices are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)Internet-based
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)International
- English Language Testing System (IELTS)
How to Apply: Applicants can use through the internet chip.
- A whole and successfully submitted on-line application, including the requested personal statement(s) and supplementary parts under.
- Uploaded transcripts/academic records out of every degree-granting college or university attended (undergraduate or grad – has to be joined into one PDF and then uploaded). If transcripts aren’t in English, official translations has to be contained.
- Video: Submission of a video is strongly urged but not essential. The video can be up to a minute in span, and nominees are encouraged to introduce themselves in any fashion or setting they believe best communicates their interests and character. Note: the file must be less than 20MB in order for you to upload it to the program.
- An essay in three sections: The essay falls into three distinct sections. Personal Statement (up to 750 words): Describe your professional interests and values and the way the Schwarzman Scholars application and more profound knowledge of China will help improve your targets. Describe both your short term targets for the 1-3 years subsequent to the plan and your long term aspirations. How will you give to the community of Schwarzman Scholars and to the software’s assignment?
- Leadership Essay (up to 750 words): We desire nominees to supply particular instances of their leaders that investigate their skills to comprehend challenges and opportunities, picture alternatives, take initiative to act, inspire others to join an attempt, and push through opposition and/or challenges in accomplishing results. The applicant’s example(s) of direction might address some but not all of those features. Examples might include attempts for example founding a student organisation that successfully addressed a pressing demand on campus; taking on a powerful job in an existing organization to redirect or revitalize it in the circumstance of a brand new challenge; founding and running a startup to reap the benefits of an emerging chance. Candidates SHOULDN’T let these examples restrict their thinking and should draw on their very own personal experiences for similar examples of direction. Candidates should prevent describing scenarios that may fall into among the following kinds, every one of which are precious learning and growth experiences, but don’t provide the committee a more profound comprehension of the applicant’s direction over lengthy amounts of time: (1) achieving a challenging but typical job delegated to you in the workplace (2) resolution short issues of ethnic miscommunication while traveling or studying international (3) only winning office in a pupil or community organization (It is, nonetheless, helpful, to characterize the challenges faced and achievements attained in office.) (4)short situational challenges (Focus instead on longer duration jobs and challenges.)
- Four electronic letters of recommendation. At least one of those letters must come from a recommender who is able to comment on the unique instances of direction described in the nominee’s application, but the recommender must at least be competent to remark on the nominee’s leadership qualities from direct knowledge of the nominee. Recommendations should be interpreted into English by a specialist translator if written in another language.
- For now registered undergraduate students, among the four letters ought to be an institutional letter of recommendation ( in case their university can supply this service): This summary letter should supply the following info: If this student is an undergraduate, is s/he on track to finish all prerequisites for a Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) before August 1, 2018; If this student is an undergraduate when will the degree be granted; Is there anything added and particular about this nominee which you feel the choice committee ought to know that’s not probably revealed in other portions of the application? Especially helpful are insights that clarify academic achievements, awards, or extracurricular activities in the circumstance of the university/school, matters that the application reader might currently understand about that one association, for example: “This award is given to only one student per year at our college.” This letter of evaluation could possibly be finished by distinct offices, depending to the university. In many universities in the United States, such a evaluation is supplied with a Fellowships Office or a similar university-broad service office. In other universities, it could be finished by the dean of students or the university registrar.
- Current Affairs Essay (up to 500 words): Choose a problem in modern societal, international, company, environmental, diplomatic, artwork, or alternative policy which is of interest to you personally. This essay should lay out the present variables and trends affecting the subject and create a realistic recommendation of how local, national, or international leaders should intercede to lead to some more peaceful and profitable future.
- Current resume/CV: Please submit a curriculum vitae or C.V. suitable for any program for employment in your nation. This can be no longer than 2 pages.
Application Deadline: For applicants of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao can implement until May 31, 2017, and Applicants holding a passport from every other nation can implement until September 28, 2017