TheUniversity of Cape Town is using SmutsMemorial Botanical PostdoctoralFellowships The research study to be performed by the Fellow will be under the basic guidance of the Head of Biological Sciences at the University of Cape Town, and the Director of Research, South African National Botanical Institute, Kirstenbosch.
The item of the Fellowship is to make it possible for an individual who has actually displayed efficiency in independent research study to carry out research study and research study in methodical botany and geographical circulation of South African plants, these being the branches of Botany in which General Smuts was most acutely interested.
TheUniversity of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research study university situated in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of SouthAfrica UCT wased established in 1829 as the South African College making it the earliest college institute in South Africa.
IfEnglish is not your mother tongue then you will have to reveal that your English language abilities are at a high adequate level to prosper in your research studies.
- ApplicationDeadline: October 12, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered for pursuing postdoctoral program.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted at the Department of Biological Sciences.
- ScholarshipAward: UpTo R190000 for 12 months. The award does not consist of any advantages and is generally exempt from tax.
- Nationalities: Citizens of SouthAfrica are qualified to use.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- EligibleCountries: Citizens of SouthAfrica are qualified to use.
- EntranceRequirements: The fellowship is open to any qualified individual, South African or otherwise, who can performing its goal and materially advancing the understanding of the South African plants. Possession of a PhD degree which has actually been acquired no greater than 5 years back is a minimum requirement. Eligible prospects might not have actually formerly held any scholastic or expert irreversible positions.
- EnglishLanguage Requirements: IfEnglish is not your mother tongue then you will have to reveal that your English language abilities are at a high adequate level to prosper in your research studies.
Applications should consist of the following:
1. Research Proposal (optimum 5000 words).
2. The candidate’s complete curriculum vitae and list of publications.
3. Three reports from referees. The referees should be asked for to email the referrals straight to the head of
department at the e-mail address revealed listed below.
4. Certified copies of all scholastic records and degree certificates.
5. Written recommendation by the host (primary detective; generally an irreversible personnel at UCT or SANBI) of the
proposed job. To be emailed straight to the head of department.
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent digitally to the Head of Department, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cape Town