The University of Toronto is inviting applications for Strong Data Science Scholarship to analyze in Canada. The Scholarship can be obtained to pursue secondary and postsecondary pupils.
The purpose of Scholarship will be to supply monetary help the pupils interested in pursuing a livelihood in data science.
The University of Toronto (U of T, UToronto, or Toronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the grounds that encircle Queen’s Park.
Course Level: The Scholarship can be obtained to pursue secondary and postsecondary students.
Study Subject: The Scholarship will soon be granted in the subject of info science.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will soon be given $1,000 (USD).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship could be considered in the Canada
Eligibility: The following standards should be fulfilled in order for applicants to qualify for scholarship:
- The job must use freely-accessible, open access data.
- All evaluations, visualizations, and reports have to be first.
- Students can work independently or as teams.
- Each pupil or team may simply create one entry.
- All entries must contain the source code and information required to replicate the investigation.
- Submissions have to be hosted in a public repository, like GitHub.
- All applicants should be currently enrolled as students in a faculty/university in the United States or Canada.
Nationality: The United States or Canada applicants can make an application for the Scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants have to attest they have an excellent amount of written and verbal English the nominee must possess a good command over English language.
How to Apply: Application procedure:
- Find a freely-accessible dataset.
- Choose an intriguing research question in the public interest which can be addressed using these data.
- Using the programming language(s) of your choice (e.g., R, Python), analyze, visualize, and interpret the data.
- Code your investigation such that we can rerun it ourselves to replicate your results and visualizations.
- Create a display (up to 20 slides) that clearly summarizes your research question, methods, and findings.
- Submit your display as a PDF and also a link to your own endeavor’s reproducible source code repository to [email protected] from the deadline above.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is June 1, 2017.