TheSynBioCDT is a partnership in between the Universities of Oxford, Bristol and Warwick offering 4-year PhD training studentships in the brand-new field of Synthetic Biology, the “Engineering of Biology”.
The course is developed for trainees with both physical and life sciences backgrounds. The initially 2 terms are dedicated to obtaining the essential theoretical and technical abilities through a mix of extensive lecture courses, practicals, workshops, task work and research study and interaction abilities training.
Applicants whose native language is not English are needed to show efficiency in English.
- ApplicationDeadline: April 20, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered for 4-year PhD training program.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted in the field of Synthetic Biology, the “Engineering of Biology”.
- ScholarshipAward: Funding will cover complete tuition charges and pay a yearly stipend of a minimum of ₤14,553(the stipend will increase somewhat each scholastic year in line with Research Council UK levels).
- Number of Scholarships: The EPSRC and BBSRC, universities, commercial partners and charitable trusts offer financing for around 15 four-year studentships each year for trainees throughout the collaboration.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- EligibleCountries: Applications are motivated from UK, EU and International trainees.
Applicants needs to be forecasted or have actually accomplished a superior or an upper 2nd class bachelor’s degree (or comparable global certifications) as a minimum in Physical Sciences (e.g. Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Plant Sciences) or Life Sciences (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry) with strong mathematical abilities.
2 acceptable scholastic recommendations
Submit an English Language test certificate (if suitable)
- EnglishLanguage Requirements: It is a requirement that overseas trainees will reveal that their capability to comprehend and reveal themselves in both composed and spoken English is adequately high for them to obtain the complete take advantage of the PhD. Please note that the requirement for admission is IELTS 7.5 (with part ratings 2 at 6.5/ 7.0 & rest 7.5+) or comparable.
How to Apply:
To use to Warwick:
- Complete the online postgraduate application kind and choose PhD Synthetic Biology (P-C1PN).
- In the supporting info area (or connect a different file if you choose) enter your individual statement/research proposition.
- This must be composed in the kind of a 1,000- word essay and will be evaluated for your research study interests and your factors for using to the course, along with how your background and experience associates with SyntheticBiology It is not essential to offer a comprehensive research study proposition, however you need to provide a short description of the location in which you want to perform research study. This need not specify, if you have actually not yet picked your chosen subject or location. Your proposition will be evaluated for coherence, proof of inspiration and understanding of the proposed location of research study.
- Upload a records from your existing or previous research study, a CV and other files that you feel would support your application.
- Ask your referees to send a recommendation for you. Note: when you send your application, an e-mail will immediately be sent out to your referees asking for a recommendation for you. This e-mail will include a safe link for your referee to submit a recommendation for you.