The University College Dublin is accepting applications for UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarship Programme to be undertaken an undergraduate degree programme.
The programme was made to further cultivate their abilities by providing these pupils using a variety of advantages, mentoring and development opportunities to permit them to perform for their full potential.
UCD is firmly committed to supporting pupils with special gifts to produce their skills for their full potential.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally needed to offer evidence of ability in English at the larger amount needed by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are readily available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are given in the subject of Science, Law, Business, Medicine, Nursing, Engineering, Actuarial & Financial Studies, Psychology, Physiotherapy and Veterinary Medicine.
Scholarship Award: Ad Astra scholars reap the benefits of a scholarship, mentoring and a variety of tailored supports. The worth of the scholarship for new scholars going into the programme in September 2017 is €3,000 which can be utilized to counter the expense of fees, lodging, or utilized as a bursary. If wanting to live on campus, Ad Astra scholars may avail of allocated on-campus lodging and also have their scholarship allowance used in portion payment. In accession for this scholars get a variety of academic privileges like:
- The support of a committed academic mentor
- A programme of workshops and seminars by professors, notable alumni and guest speakers through the entire year to produce the scholars’ academic and personal potential.
- Networking and development chances
- The scholarship is tenable for 4 years or for the length of the programme, whichever is the lesser, subject to fulfilling the standards for scholarship renewal every year.
Scholarship may be considered in Ireland
Eligibility: Prospective Students – School Leavers
Ad Astra Academic Scholarships for September 2016 onwards will be granted on the grounds of the academic standards of 6 H1’s in the very first sitting of the Leaving Cert (or A Level equivalent), together with an internet application. The program will consist of a personal statement along with a statement of accomplishment ‘beyond the classroom’. Achievement ‘beyond the classroom’ could contain:
- Achievement in national contest such as for example Young Scientist, Maths Olympiad or Debating
- Evidence of active citizenship or offering for example through a Silver or Gold Gaisce Award
- Evidence of innovation or entrepreneurship
- Evidence of leaders in a school, club or athletic circumstance
- Achievement in ethnic, musical or artistic interests
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities qualify to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The Academic scholarship is just readily available for individuals who don’t have any past degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally needed to offer evidence of ability in English at the larger amount needed by the University.
How to Apply: Students must finish the UCD Ad Astra Academy – Academic Scholarship application form online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 21, 2017.