The University of Gibraltar is accepting applications for Gibraltar Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme. Scholarships supply an opportunity for research workers that are citizens of the Commonwealth to study at iconic Europa Point Campus.
The intent of the scholarship would be to enrich individual teaching and research ability resulting in increased institutional capability in academic as well as other sectors in Commonwealth nations also to lead to Gibraltar’s higher education and research by bringing international nominees and supporting connections and collaboration.
The University of Gibraltar is a public university found at Europa Point, Gibraltar and further south than any other in Europe. Established in 2015, the University of Gibraltar is the primary degree-giving university in the Territory.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally necessary to supply signs of competence in English at the larger degree needed by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are accessible for pursuing PhD programme at their iconic Europa Point Campus.
Study Subject: The scholarship is intended for high quality graduates who possess the capacity to eventually become powerful leaders, teachers, or researchers in their own home countries, and whose proposed research theme was shown to the satisfaction of the selection committee to have a developmental and leadership focus.
Scholarship Award: The Gibraltar Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme supplies financial support to contain all University fees, one yearly return trip to and in the state of dwelling along with a monthly stipend towards end of a three-year full time doctoral postgraduate qualification in the University of Gibraltar.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship could be taken in Gibraltar
Eligibility: To employ for this scholarship, pupils must:
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth state aside from the sponsor state (The UK and/or Gibraltar) or British protected person;
- Be forever resident in a Commonwealth state
- Be accessible to begin your academic studies in Gibraltar from the beginning of the academic year in October 2017;
- By October 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours conventional, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (typically a Master’s degree).
Additionally, applicants should generally:
- Hold a Master’s degree given with a UK University, or an international Master’s degree of an equal standard, so long as the Master’s degree is in a suitable cognate area and that the Master’s degree included training in research as well as the end of a research project;
- Have a good honours degree (or equivalent) in a proper subject, and ideally have research and/or professional experience at postgraduate level as evidenced in published work, written reports or alternative suitable signs of achievement.
Nationality: Citizens of a Commonwealth state besides the sponsor state (The UK or Gibraltar) are qualified to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree.
English language Requirements: If English isn’t pupil’s first language they have to show signs of English language skill to the following (or equal) minimal grade of proficiency:
- An IELTS score of 6.5; or
- A TOEFL score of 600; and
- Have attained a minimal of English Language competence comparable to at least IELTS 5.5 across all four places of competence – writing, reading, talking and listening.
An IELTS evaluation will undoubtedly be considered valid only when it is chosen after 1 October 2016 and before 10th June 2017.
How to Apply: This is a combined application system whereby the application is for both the scholarship and for a spot to read for a PhD at the University of Gibraltar.
Applications should be made immediately to the University and must contain:
- A completed application form, including your research proposition;
- All of the needed documentation (i.e. copies of University/College transcripts, award certificates, and certification of English ability where essential – view below);
- The names and contact details of three private referees;
- The names and contact details of up to three subject specialists whom you believe the University might approach to review your PhD proposition and/or who might be able to offer skilled oversight in your area of study.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 12, 2017.