TheUniversity Research Priority Program (URPP) Language and Space at the University of Zurich is happy to reveal as much as 3 Postdoctoral Research Fellowships by September 1, 2018.
TheUniversity of Zurich (UZH, German: Universit ät Zürich), situated in the city of Zürich, is the biggest university in Switzerland, with over 26,000 students. The university provides the best variety of topics and courses of any Swiss college organization.
- ApplicationDeadline: May15, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are readily available to pursue Postdoctoral research program.
- StudySubject: The URPP Language and Space provides outstanding working conditions for ingenious empirical linguistic research and possibilities for lively cooperations within an extremely interdisciplinary group. Postdoctoral scientists will have chances for expert networking and for additional training in locations such as theory, method, and didactics. Salaries are approved inning accordance with the guidelines of the canton ofZurich The postdoctoral research fellow will establish his/her own profile and research program in coordination with the URPP board and the members of the URPP within among the following 5 research groups: (1) Accommodation and Social Categorization, (2) Areal Morphology, (3) Interactional Spaces, (4) Spatial References, and (5) Systems of Nominal Determination in Contact.
- ScholarshipAward: Salaries are approved inning accordance with the guidelines of the canton of Zurich.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 3 fellowships are readily available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should fulfill the list below requirements:
Applicants should have aPh D. in a discipline of linguistics along with publications in their field of expertise. Independent research experience in among the core locations of the URPP is anticipated. Applicants must intend to establish a research profession in the field of language and area research studies, are anticipated to be experienced in empirical techniques of linguistic research (collection and analysis of linguistic information), and should be interested in the interdisciplinary improvement of theories in the location of language and area. The prospect is likewise anticipated to have an eager interest in teaming up with linguists with varied backgrounds (e.g. dialectology, areal typology, interactional linguistics, sociolinguistics, computational linguistics, phonetics, basic linguistics, Romance research studies, German research studies, Slavic research studies, English research studies, Sinology). Apart from English, candidates should have an excellent command of German or be prepared to get enough proficiency within the very first 6 months after using up the position.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Apart from English, candidates should have an excellent command of German or be prepared to get enough proficiency within the very first 6 months after using up the position.
How to Apply: Applications must consist of a declaration of interest (letter of inspiration), a description of the research you wish to pursue (3-5 pages), a CV consisting of a list of publications, and a copy of the candidate’sPh D. certificate. Applications must be sent out as a single PDF file to bewerbungen-at-spur. uzh.ch, with the topic “Application PostDoc.
( function() iframe). style.cssText = “width: 0; height: 0; border: 0”;.
document.getElementById(‘ fb-root’). appendChild( iframe);.
var doc = iframe.contentWindow.document;.
doc.open(). compose -LRB-”-RRB-;.
// async init when packing is done.
window.fbAsyncInit = function() ;.