The University of Amsterdam is providing UvA385 Grants for PhD candidates. Grants can be found for pursuing PhD diploma programme and different numerous functions, equivalent to a convention overseas or a enterprise go to to colleagues in one other nation.
In 2017, the University of Amsterdam is celebrating its 385th anniversary. To mark the event, the UvA is introducing a brand new sort of grant, the UvA385 Grant, which permits UvA PhD candidates to amass worldwide expertise.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university situated in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities and later renamed for town of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands.
Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to supply proof of proficiency in English at the upper stage required by the University.
Course Level: Grants can be found for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Two-thirds of doctoral positions are in the fields of the pure sciences and medication, and a 3rd are in social and behavioural sciences, humanities, economics and regulation.
- The grants are supposed to allow college students to amass further worldwide expertise on prime of their common alternatives.
- The grants are aimed at UvA PhD candidates authorized by the Doctorate Board who’re actively engaged on analysis.
- A UvA386 Grant is price as much as €3000 per grant.
- A minimal of 20 grants will likely be awarded, unfold over two utility rounds. More grants might be awarded if fund-raising proves profitable.
Number of Scholarships: At least 20 grants of as much as €three,000 every will likely be awarded in the course of the first spherical of alternatives.
Scholarship might be taken in Netherlands or Abroad
Eligibility: UvA385 Grants are supplied on prime of present common alternatives. The launch of this new grant additionally kinds the beginning of a fund-raising marketing campaign being carried out by the Amsterdam University Fund (AUF).
Nationality: Students from Netherlands are eligible to use.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will need to have an grasp’s programme.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language isn’t English are normally required to supply proof of proficiency in English at the upper stage required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications can solely be submitted through the applying kind under. An utility should comprise the next:
- Copy of the Doctorate Board’s determination concerning admission to the doctoral
- A concise letter of motivation written by the PhD pupil that units out the aim and explains the relevance for their doctoral analysis and/or their profession, and that reveals that reveals the keenness and conviction wanted to persuade the committee that the grant will likely be effectively spent;
- A current CV;
- A particular finances with an outline of revenue and bills;
- A basic plan that reveals that the grant will likely be awarded earlier than September 2018;
- A private letter of advice from the coed’s supervisor which is particular person to the PhD pupil. This letter is submitted individually.
Application Deadline: The utility deadline is April three, 2017.