WikiLoves Africa is an annual contest where anybody throughout Africa can contribute media that connect to that year’s style to Wikimedia Commons for usage on Wikipedia and other job sites of the WikimediaFoundation Wiki Loves Africa motivates individuals to contribute media (photos, video, and audio) that highlight the particular style for that year.
Each year the style modifications and is picked by the neighborhood from universal, visually-rich and culturally-specific subjects (for example, markets, initiation rites, celebrations, public art, food, nature, urbanity, every day life, significant individuals, etc).
Of all the countless topics you can check out on Wikipedia, topics associating with Africa have the least protection. This is because of a variety of factors, however primarily due to the fact that many individuals do unknown that they can contribute their images, videos, and audio to Wikipedia.
The style for the contest is People at Work.
Please, record all way of professions that are carried out throughout the African continent– these can be official and casual, modern or ancient, business-oriented or imaginative.
There are a number of rates to get. Including 2 unique rewards for photo essays that catch WomenWorking or Rare, Fading or Threatened Traditional Crafts, Styles or Way of Working.
- 1st reward: US$600
- 2nd reward: US$400
- 3rd reward: US$200
- Organizer cost: US$200
- PhotoEssay Prizes: Women Working US$200
- PhotoEssay Prizes: Rare, Fading or Threatened Traditional Craft, Style or Way of Working  US$200
Additional rewards in each classification: a Wiki Loves Africa powerpack + tee shirt
The style calls for photos, videos and audio files that file all way of professions carried out throughout the continent– official and casual, modern and ancient, business-oriented and imaginative.
Images sent to the Wiki Loves Africa contest might win rewards! There are a couple of guidelines to regard for the images to be qualified.
- Rule 1: All images need to be taken by the individual sending them. They can be either self-uploaded or submitted throughout a signed up mass upload session.
- Rule 2: Uploads can just be done from the 1st of October 2017 to 30 th of November2017 You can get in media that was taken at any time, even historic photos (as long as you own the copyright on these photos), however they need to be submitted throughout those dates.
- Rule 3: Images need to be devoid of watermarks or ingrained signatures to be qualified. All entries will immediately be sent under a complimentary license such as Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC-BY-SA 4.0) (or in the general public domain). Read more about the cc-by-sa license here.
- Rule 4: All qualified images will be classified under Images from Wiki Loves Africa 2017, this will be immediately appointed throughout the upload procedure. (Feel totally free to include other pertinent classification descriptions to make the images more functional.)
- Rule 5: Participants need to make it possible for email on Wikimedia Commons so they can be gotten in touch with ought to their image be picked for a reward.
Notes on video
Other files, such as audio and video, are welcome. For videos, please send files in the following formats:
SubmissionDeadline: November 30, 2017.
Winners will be revealed around February 2018.