TheInternational AIDS Society (IAS) is now accepting the application for its CIPHER Research GrantProgramme The grant is offered for research tasks that resolve concern research spaces in paediatric HIV.
The goal of the grant is to bring in early-stage detectives– from within and outside the field of HIV research– to resolve crucial research concerns while supplying a distinct chance for expert advancement.
TheInternational AIDS Society (IAS) is an association of HIV experts, with 16,000 members from 196 nations operating at all levels of the worldwide reaction to AIDS. IAS members consist of scientists from all disciplines, clinicians, public health and neighborhood professionals on the frontlines of the epidemic, along with policy and programme organizers.
CourseLevel: Grant is offered to pursue research.
StudySubject: Grant is granted in the field of paediatric HIV
ScholarshipAward: Grant will cover the following:
- TheCollaborative Initiative for Paediatric HIV Education and Research (CIPHER) grant provides early-stage detectives approximately $75,000 each for approximately 2 years of research.
Number of Scholarships: Number of grants are not provided.
Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility: The following requirements need to be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- The primary private investigator (PI) need to be an early-stage private investigator, i.e., a person who acquired her/his terminal research degree (e.g., PhD, MD followed by research training or MBBS) less than 10 years prior to the application due date.
- The PI need to serve for the very first time as main PI. Primary PIs who formerly got a non-training research grant surpassing US$ 30,000 are not qualified.
- The PI need to satisfy among the following requirements prior to the submission due date for the LOI:
- He/ she is a clinical/research student (e.g., fellow, senior local) at a scholastic institute or an institute whose main objective is research.
- He/ she has a professors or similar position (e.g., assistant teacher, speaker) at a scholastic institute or an institute whose main objective is research
- He/ she has a recognized position at a company with appropriate research facilities to carry out the proposed research activities.
- The research job ought to show the prospective to add to the optimization of HIV medical diagnosis, avoidance, treatment and care of babies, kids and teenagers impacted by HIV in resource-limited settings by reacting to determined research spaces (see list listed below).
- Applications are motivated from any nation, however choice (roughly 80%) will be provided to candidates from low- and middle-income nations (LMICs) inning accordance with the World Bank category.
- The PI need to pick a coach with appropriate competence in paediatric HIV research (a mentorship strategy and letter of dedication from the coach will be asked for from each shortlisted candidate welcomed to send a complete proposition).
- The budget plan ought to show that a minimum of 80% of the direct grant expenditures will be invested in LMICs.
Nationality:Applications are motivated from any nation, however choice (roughly 80%) will be provided to candidates from low- and middle-income nations (LMICs) inning accordance with the World Bank category
EntranceRequirements: Applicants who acquired her/his terminal research degree (e.g., PhD, MD followed by research training or MBBS) are qualified to obtain the grant.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants need to have outstanding composed and spoken English abilities.
How to Apply: Applicants can use by means of online:
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is October 27, 2017.