A PhD Fellowship is accessible in Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices at the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2). This PhD research project is centered on the chemical vapor deposition (CVD) of 2D stuff, in unique of transition metal dichalcogenides.
ICN2 – Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology is a non profit international research institute found close to Barcelona, Spain. Its research lines give attention to the recently discovered physical and chemical properties that appear in the fascinating behavior of matter in the nanoscale.
Course Level: Fellowship is accessible for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: This PhD research project is centered on the chemical vapor deposition (CVD) of 2D stuff, in unique of transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Predoctoral Contract.
- Salary will rely on qualifications and attested expertise.
- Support to the move problems.
- Life Insurance.
Scholarship may be taken at Spain
Main Tasks and obligations
- The PhD nominee will soon be working on the preparation of high quality, big place MoS2 movies using normal metalorganic CVD procedures.
- In order to comprehend the growth process of the 2D stuff and to evaluate the essence of the samples, the PhD will likely be called for in a comprehensive depiction of the movies, including Raman, photoluminescence and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopies, together with atomic force and electron microscopies. The effect of the substrate on the characteristic of the grown samples will likely be examined, that transfer techniques will soon be developed.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences necessitated:
Education: The nominee must possess a BSc´s and Master’s degree in Physics, Material Science, Engineering or important studies.
Experience: Previous encounter in chemical vapour deposition, characterization techniques, microscopy and spectroscopy will probably be valued.
Knowledge: A great degree of the English language is compulsory. A powerful foundation on materials science, with knowledge in stuff deposit, particularly in thin stuff increase, will likely be valued.
Competences demanded: Applicants must show great motivation, exceptional disposition towards research and team work, and good communicating abilities
Nationality: Foreign and Spanish pupils can apply for all these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students have to demonstrate they have a great degree of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: All programs should be created via the ICN2 site and contain the subsequent:
- A cover letter.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Application Deadline: The program deadline is May 31, 2017.