TheCentre for Research, farming Advancement, Teaching Excellence and Sustainability in Food and Nutritional Security (CREATES) is providing to 25 scholarships for master students beginning in2018 Applicants needs to have shown exceptional English oral and composing abilities.
This freshly developed African Centre of Excellence is intended at students who are talented, enthusiastic, innovative and complimentary thinkers, ingenious, and who will be job-creators instead of job-seekers in the future.
TheUniversity of Dar es Salaam is the earliest and most significant public university inTanzania It is located on the western side of the city of Dar es Salaam, inhabiting 1,625 acres on the observation hill, 13 kilometres from the city centre. It was developed on 1st July 1970, through parliament act no. 12 of 1970 and all the making it possible for legal instruments of the constituent colleges. Prior to 1970, the university college, Dar es Salaam had actually begun on 1st July 1961 as an affiliate college of the University of London.
- Applications due date: November20, 2017
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue Master degree program.
- StudySubject: CREATES includes Six primary streams, i.e., “Sustainable Agriculture”, “Food and Nutrition Sciences”, Master of Science in Conservation Management of African Ecosystems (CMAE), “Biodiversity Conservation and Ecosystem Management”, Clinical Human Nutrition and Dietetics in addition to “Global Health and Biomedical Sciences”, that includes MSc program in “Nanoscience and Drug Development ”.
- ScholarshipAward: The Master ´ s scholarship program will run for 2 years beginning January2018 All confessed students will get a partial scholarship over this time frame. The partial scholarship will cover university costs and direct trainee expenses (i.e., a month-to-month stipend at the rate of US$ 200 monthly to cover living costs (meals and maintenance allowance) while inTanzania Accommodation costs are being paid straight to NM-AIST which supplies trainee hostels. Support to go to proposed courses and/or carry out research study in partner organizations will be covered as will be figured out by CREATES Management Team and the particular students and managers. Research expenses are just covered by a minimum quantity and all students are needed to use for extra financing to cover their research study activities.
- Nationality: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
- Numberof Scholarships: Up to 25 scholarships are offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
EntranceRequirements: Applicantsfor this Master’s Degree program scholarship must have the following credentials, understanding and vital qualities:
- A minimum of Upper Second Class BSc degree in Life Sciences or equivalently associated fields such as Nutrition, Medicine (human and veterinary), Pharmacy, Agriculture, Agronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, and so on The BSc. degree needs to have been gotten from a certified university within Africa or other International Institutions acknowledged by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Candidates that hold unclassified degrees (e.g. MD, BVM, and DDS) will have at least a total of “C” grade and an average of “B” grade in the pertinent topic or field of his/her expertise.
- Be able to release clinically in high effect peer-reviewed international journals throughout the course of their research studies.
- Have an interest in the above mentor and research study technique and have the ability to work separately and in a group.
- Must be 35 years of age
- Have tested exceptional English oral and composing abilities
- Be happy to specialize in one of the 4 CREATES pillars.
- Have a high degree of computer system skills and familiarity with modern-day analytical software application
- Have the capability to work in multi-disciplinary and international groups.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure to satisfy due dates when needed.
- Females and local prospects are highly and extremely motivated to use
- Applicants needs to satisfy and satisfy minimum NM-AIST admission requirement to be thought about for scholarship consisting of filling application kind and payment of application costs.
- Applicants with NM-AIST provisional/admission letters and conference call requirement are exempt to fill application for admission. They are needed to connect their provisional/admission letter together with other needed files.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants need to have shown exceptional English oral and composing abilities.
How to Apply: Deadlinefor this application is November 20, 2017, and interviews will be held in the week from Nov 28 th up until Dec 1,2017 Recruitment will be in January2018 All application files must be sent out digitally through email.
- Applicants needs to offer their Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A one-page abstract of their BSc thesis if offered
- A suggestion letter from your most current company and/or previous supervisor/educator
- Certified copies of their scholastic certificates.