The new Ca’ Foscari University of Venice Positions and Scholarships is available to all new international students for 2017-2018 academic year. University offers PhD Programmes split into Departments, with indicator of places available for Academic Year 2017/18 (33rd cycle), with scholarships and scholarships limit to particular research themes.
Founded on August 6, 1868 as the “Scuola Superiore di Commercio” (Advanced School for Commerce), Ca’ Foscari was the first Italian association to cope with advanced schooling in Business and Economics. Ca’ Foscari strives to bring and nurture gifted scholars around the globe, providing cutting edge research appearing in the betrothal of the challenging and digital sciences with social sciences and humanities.
As suggested on the artwork. 3, clause 6 of the call, all PhD pupils are required to have certified English competence at least B2 amount in the time of enrolment, except for the chance of obtaining it afterwards, but and not later than December 31st following the date of first registration, otherwise they’ll be excluded from your PhD programme.
Course Level: Scholarships can be found to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are given inside the next sections:
- Department of Economics: Law, Market and Person, Economics, Science and Management of Climate Change
- Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies: Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies and Linguistics
- Department of Asian and North African Studies: Asian and African Studies
- Department of Management: Management
- Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics: Computer Science, Environmental Science
- Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage: Philosophy and Educational Sciences, History of Arts
- Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems: Chemistry (Inter-University Programme)
- Department of Humanities: Italian Studies, Historical, Geographical and Anthropological Studies (Inter-University Programme), Ancient Heritage Studies (Inter-University Programme).
Scholarship Award: Doctoral scholarships are given by a selection procedure that’s summarized in the call for programs. The number of the doctoral scholarship is EUR 13,638.47 per year, net of insurance fees owed by the doctoral scholarship holder. The scholarship is exempt from income tax (IRPEF).
Number of Scholarships: Department of Economics:
Law, Market and Person: 8 scholarships
Economics: 5 scholarships
Science and Management of Climate Change: 9 scholarships
Department of Management:
Management: 6 scholarships
Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics:
Computer Science: 5 scholarships
Environmental Science: 5 scholarships
Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies:
Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies and Linguistics: 5 scholarships
Department of Asian and North African Studies:
Asian and African Studies: 4 scholarships
Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage:
Philosophy and Educational Sciences: 4 scholarships
History of Arts: 4 scholarships
Department of Humanities:
Italian Studies: 5 scholarships
Historical, Geographical and Anthropological Studies (Inter-University Programme): On University of Padua Scholarships in Italy
Before the registration, the pupil can:
- get a certification from an official certifying body or a certification from a university language training centre comprised in the list shown in the section recognized certifications
- fall within one of the exemptions set out in the section case studies
- support the B2 English language evaluation in the CLA together with the tariffs determined by the CLA Board.
After the registration (and not later than December 31st following the date of enrollment), the pupil can:
- support the B2 English language evaluation, free of charge up to twice in the CLA
- Attend, within the limitations of accessible seats, a class in the existence free beneath the regular program of the CLA; at the ending of the class when there’s scheduled a test that’s comparable to the B2 English language evaluation. Additional classes will eventually be supplied by the CLA to get a fee
- Obtain a certification from an official certifying body or a certification from a university language training centre comprised in the list shown in the section recognized certificates.
How to Apply: The application form must be completed entirely on-line. Before implementing
- Read attentively the Call for programs and the information regarding the PhD Programme for which you need to implement (Annex “A”);
- Check the entrance conditions (artwork. 3) listed in the Call and in Annex “A”;
- If you’ve got a degree abroad, please consult with artwork. 4 of this Call or to the webpage concerning the entrance conditions;
- Make certain that you’ve got the records to be submitted on-line in the permitted format (PDF).
The submission of the program is in two measures, both compulsory to the right contribution in this vulnerable:
- Registration on the university site in the end of which a username and password is likely to be put you have to use during enrolment process (this measure is required; should you not risk never to find a way to enroller if you’re a winner!). If you already have the qualifications required to get the reserved area (for example as former pupils of the university), this phase is bypassed.
- TAX CODE: tax code is an alphanumeric code that needs for italian financial function. It is no problem in the event that you’ve not an italian tax code: when you add your private info, the computer system will automatically figure out the tax code. Remind that code as you need to make use of exactly the same on the 2nd measure of on line program.
- Access to the links for the PhD programme you would like to participate.
As provided for the artwork. 5 of the call for program, it’s important to enclose the following files to the application form in order to participate in the competition:
- curriculum vitae et studiorum (European format);
- PhD proposition research;
- synopsis of the Master’s degree dissertation (10.000 characters including spaces);
- transcript certification of the Master’s degree given together with the list of assessments taken with levels;
- one reference letter. See Reference Letters Box to find out more.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 27, 2017.