For the year 2019 Entry- level Research Scholarships is now open. Applications might be made for the financial backing of work that is currently in development or for a brand-new job.
The goal of these awards is to supply ‘pump-priming’ funds to make it possible for prospects to be exposed to a research environment, or to get pilot information for quotes for conclusive financing.
TheWellbeing of Women is the charity devoted to enhancing the health of ladies and infants throughout the UK. Every year we invest in medical research jobs and designate funds to the training of professional medical professionals, nurses and midwives. We fund fundamental science, medical and translational research on all elements of obstetrics, gynaecology, and midwifery or with a concentrate on ladies’s reproductive health. Studies in the location of gynaecology, urology and oncology are all proper to our financing.
- ApplicationsDeadline: September20, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue research.
- StudySubject: Entry- level Research Scholarships (ELS) grant for training in maternity services, fundamental science, medical or translational research consisting of explanatory and expediency research studies in among the following 3 locations:
- ScholarshipAward: Scholarships are an optimum of ₤20,000 and are granted, typically for approximately one year, to add to income and/or research expenses. The research need to be carried out in the UK or Ireland.
- Nationality: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK or Ireland
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicantsfor an Entry- level Research Scholarship:
- Would typically be brand-new to the research discipline, and will not formerly have actually been greatly included in significant or financed research jobs.
- Must be performing a research job associated with ladies’s reproductive health.
Both the training and research job need to can being given a conclusion within the period of the Scholarship.
The following constraints use to Entry- level Research Scholarships:
- We do not pay indirect expenses or NHS Service and Support Costs.
- Chargesfor administration by University or NHS Authorities will not be satisfied.
- We do not cover University Fees
- A Scholarship is not planned to money PhDs– it is targeted at candidates who are pre-PhD.
- Funds will not be launched without proof of ethical committee assistance.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Please utilize the application kind for a Wellbeing of Women Entry- level Research Scholarship, in font style size 10-12 pt throughout.
Please save 2 copies of the application– one as a Word file and one as a totally signed PDF. Email both variations to Jeremy Barratt, Senior Research Manager, (jbarratt-at-wellbeingofwomen. org.uk) by the closing date. Electronic signatures are appropriate.
Late applications will not be accepted under any situations so please get all required signatures as early as possible.
You will get an e-mail verification within 24 hours that your submission has actually been gotten. If you do not get verification, please phone the Wellbeing of Women workplace on 020 3697 6350.
The points listed below associate with particular numbered areas of the application kind and are to direct you through finishing the kind for the Entry- level Research Scholarship financing plan. Please note that where referrals are made to UK organizations, candidates from Ireland need to finish with referral to pertinent equivalents.