The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Foundation invites European and US applicants for Foreign and Security Policy Fellowship. These fellowships are supplied to journalist for pursuing research in the USA and Europe.
Journalists interested in employing for a media fellowship in this class should plan to lead to some nuanced conversation on the future of transatlantic connections, especially in the region of international security.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a political foundation affiliated together with the German Green Party. Hbs seeks to improve democracy and human rights, protect the environment and climate, and encourage the peaceful solution of disagreements
Course Level: The fellowship is accessible for pursuing research.
Study Subject: The fellowship is given in the discipline of journalism.
Scholarship Award: Foundation will offer an honorarium of $3500 partly paid in advance to cover all costs related to the job (travel, lodging and board) and partly paid after finishing the coverage.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not understood
Scholarship may be taken in Europe and USA
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfill the next region for the scholarship:
- Be based in the US and illustrate a powerful motivation for participating in research and coverage in the European Union and/or Turkey.
- Be based in an EU member state and illustrate a powerful motivation for participating in research and coverage in the usa.
Nationality: European and US applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be journalists.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the mandatory language proficiency prerequisites of the host association
How to Apply: Applicants can implement through on-line style.
- Resume: Please use a normal U.S. format. This means no graphic, date of birth, marital or familial status, etc.
- Cover Letter: A one page document laying out your qualifications and encounter.
- Proposal: Please contain the next three sections:
- Story suggestions: please add a brief description of every story you want to cover (about 200 words each). You don’t need to get interviews verified, but you must indicate whom you want to contact. Please additionally set the language of publication, medium, audience, plans for publication, and whether you might be able enough to interpret stories into English or German if this really is not the language of publication.
- Travel Itinerary: please summarize your dates of travel, destinations, and potential interviews in every single place. Travel should be for 5 days and have to be finished by September 30, 2017.
- Social Media Engagement: briefly clarify the manner in which you want to participate with HBS North America in the duration of your fellowship.
- Work samples: please submit two work samples. If your previous work isn’t in English, German, Spanish, or French, please give a quick outline of every one of your work samples
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 2, 2017.