TheVolkswagen Foundation is providing Freethinker Fellowships to pursue research. International students are qualified to use for this fellowship program.
The deal is focused on extraordinary scientists who want to move in between recognized research fields and engage in dangerous science.
The non-profit Volkswagen Foundation supports research tasks in all disciplines. In the context of altering financing efforts, it offers targeted incentive to science.
- ApplicationsDeadline: October11, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are readily available to pursue research.
- StudySubject: Fellowships are granted in all disciplines.
- ScholarshipAward: A 2nd financing duration of 2 or 3 years is possible, whereby the overall financing duration (incl. the very first financing stage) is an optimum of 8 years. Prerequisite is one through the structure performed a favorable assessment and a clear point of view for the extension of the position of Fellows from the host organization. Again, versatility is provided for the 2nd stage, a modification to another organization is possible. The financing for the 2nd Depending on project-specific requirements, the financing stage varies in between 0.5 and 1 million euros, the overall financing for both financing durations need to not go beyond EUR 2.2 million.
- Nationality: International students are qualified to use for this fellowship program.
- Number of Scholarships: Every year, 10 to 15 free-spirit fellowships are granted. The variety of licenses relies the quality of the applications and the precision of the tasks for the orientation of the Funding effort.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this fellowship program.
EntranceRequirements: A free-spirit fellowship can use for who recognizes and understands exactly what the objective is Research task represents the particular orientation of the Freigeist effort. The following official requirements are likewise put on the candidates:
How to Apply: Please send your application digitally through the application website of the VolkswagenFoundationon The following info is needed: Forms submitted in the application website with info on the candidate, the recipient of the grant (Destination organization), title, period and legal description. Also for the expense strategy, there is a Form (“Budget”) that you submit online. Please take note of the workers expenses their typical sentences kept in a pdf file. The following files are in the application website as accessories (pdf files, in English, if not specified otherwise):
Application cover sheet signed by the candidate (after going into all Generate information in the application website; please print, indication and scan).
1. Cover letter with self-assessment “Why free spirit?” (Maximum 2 pages)
2. Summary of the task in German (optimum 1 page)
3. Summary of the task in English (optimum 1 page)
4. Clear, understandable and innovative discussion of the task concept for interested individuals
5. Layman, z. Eg video, podcast, animation, news article, and so on (optimum 2 minutes/ 1 page).