TheLancaster University is using a 3 year fully funded Leverhulme PhD studentship in the Sociology Department at theUniversity The studentship is offered for UK and EU residents.
TheLancaster University, likewise formally called the University of Lancaster, is a public research study university in Lancaster, Lancashire, England.
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English might be needed to supply a legitimate English language test certificate such as IELTS, Pearson Test of English, Academic, (PTE) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
- Application close: May18, 2018
- CourseLevel: Studentship is offered to pursue PhD program.
- StudySubject: Studentship is granted in the Sociology Department at Lancaster University.
- ThePhD is for 3 years period;-LRB- *******).
- Payment of scholastic charges (at the basic RCUK rate);-LRB- *******).
- A Maintenance Stipend (₤14,777 pa);-LRB- *******).
- Access to a Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) (₤800 pa) for compensation of research-related costs consisting of– however not restricted to– conference participation, training courses and devices. Additional research study expenses (such as required in fieldwork) will be supported as proper;-LRB- *******).
- Access to a series of training and advancement supplied by the Sociology Department, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the Material Social Futures PhD Programme, and the Institute for Social Futures;-LRB- *******).
- TheMaterial Social Futures PhD program will provide optional internships (consisting of global positionings) in the 2nd and or 3rd year of training.
- Nationality: Available to UK and EU residents.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Studentship is offered for UK and EU residents.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the list below requirements:
- Candidates will ideally have a background and scholastic interest in sociology; sociology, science and innovation research studies; Human-ComputerInteraction (HCI), history of innovation, product culture or social theory. Knowledge of appropriate scholastic disputes will be a considerable benefit.
- Candidates needs to have credentials of the requirement of Bachelor’s degree at very first or upper 2nd class level, and should likewise have an appropriate Master’s degree or equivalent (or will have finished a Master’s degree by the beginning date October 2018) in a pertinent discipline.
- Candidates will have to show that they have actually gotten training in the theoretical and methodological elements of both qualitative and quantitative research study.
- Candidates needs to please the ESRC’s scholastic and domestic eligibility requirements ( i.e. the UK or EU citizenship at the time of application).
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English might be needed to supply a legitimate English language test certificate such as IELTS, Pearson Test of English, Academic, (PTE) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
How to Apply:
- A complete CV, consisting of 2 called referees (among whom need to be your latest scholastic tutor/supervisor);-LRB- *******).
- A copy of Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree records (or the copy of comparable credentials);-LRB- *******).
- A letter of application (not going beyond 2 pages of A4) detailing your viability for a PhD and discussing how you would approach the research study;-LRB- *******).
- An example of postgraduate level composed work (e.g. a research study post, chapter, or essay).