TheBritish Council in China is providing to 5 ‘Generation UK – China’ scholarships for exceptional UK trainees who want to study at mainland Chinese universities in September 2018 or February 2019 for one term or one year.
TheBritish Council is the UK’s global organisation for cultural relations and academic chances. It is on the ground in 6 continents and over 100 nations, bringing global chance to life, every day.
- ApplicationDeadline: April 29, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships can be utilized for any non-degree research study of your very own option, at any mainland Chinese university.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted to study the topics provided by the university.
ScholarshipAward: The scholarship must cover all your fundamental living requires while you are on the program. The expense of living in China differs significantly depending upon the city you opt to study in and your way of life. To get the complete experience of all that China needs to provide, it would be a smart idea to have some additional money useful to cover any extra expenses throughout your time on the program, such as travel and recreation. You will get:
Accommodation at the university
Tuition charge allowance of 30,000 RMB a year or less
A regular monthly living stipend of 3,000 RMB
You’ll have to cover the expenses of flights (GBP 400-700) and organize the needed visas, travel and medical insurance coverage, and vaccinations.
- Number of Scholarships: There are 5 scholarships readily available.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- EligibleCountries: UK trainees are qualified to use.
Generation UK– China academic scholarships are readily available to anybody who is:
Aged18 and above
A British passport holder (or a British or Irish passport holder if you are domiciled in Northern Ireland).
A full-time trainee registered at a UK university or a current graduate (using within one year of your graduation date)
On track to get or have actually accomplished a 2:1 grade at the university.
Students currently holding deals from Chinese universities can likewise use.
- EnglishLanguage Requirements: There are no language eligibility requirements for this program. However, please examine the course requirements of the Chinese organization you want to study in. All language courses appropriate for total newbies inMandarin However, there is the chance to be put in classes for intermediate and sophisticated students. In this case, you can anticipate a casual language test upon arrival to make sure you get put in the best class. If this is your very first experience with the Mandarin language, they highly advise that you find out a few of the essentials prior to you go.
Please send out the following files to CSC:
- PrintedBritish Council scholarship application kind
- Printed CSC application kind
- Certificates of your greatest certification (e.g., degree or A-level certificates)
- Most current academic records (or degree certificate)
- Two academic recommendations (referees must be from your present university)
- An individual statement/study strategy (500 words)
Two copies of each file above must be sent out to CSC at the address listed below by 29 April, 2018 (applications gotten after this date will not be thought about):
How to Apply:
TheBritish Council China Scholarship is moneyed by the British Council in China and administered by the China Scholarship Council (CSC). The preliminary application and choice procedure, consisting of supporting applications to Chinese universities, is managed by CSC. The British Council will carry out the last choice of effective candidates. For this scholarship, you should use straight to CSC through the post by 29 April2018 Please follow the actions listed below to make an application to this program:
- Complete a British Council Scholarship application kind online.
- Register an account with CSC. The CSC application website will be active from 21March In the meantime, please start preparing your supporting files. Once signed up on the website, log in and check out the guidelines on the homepage. Internet Explorer (110) or Firefox is suggested for internet browser compatibility.
- Choose the classification of the scholarship and fill in the firm number. For the British Council China Scholarship, the scholarship classification is A and the firm number is 8264.
- Fill out all information on the application kind as needed, guaranteeing all info is precise. Upload scanned copies of the supporting files.
- When you have actually finished the application kind, sneak peek it and send the kind online.
- Print 2 copies of the application kind.
- Prepare 2 copies of the application kind and supporting files needed. Send the complete plan of application files to CSC by post (application files will not be returned).